Koodo Community

Community

Solved

battery issues with android 5.1 update for Nexus 4

I installed the new android 5.1 update to my Nexus 4 today and literally within 3 hours my phone had its battery drained from 100% to 0% within 3 hours on standby. I'm wondering if I can bring my phone in to be reset or something back to my old OS?

8 replies

Badge +4
Factory reset. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Thanks for the reply. I was asking if a koodo employee could do that for me though. Cheers
Userlevel 7
Hi Shawn, I don't think it is possible to get it restored back to the previous update. One thing that happens to me when I update my phone is that the battery will drain dramatically, it's not even funny. I just perform a factory update, it restores to the latest versions but works out any issues that happened during the update process. You can do that by going under the privacy settings of the phone, it's really easy to do. Here are the instructions from google to do it: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en-CA Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Shawn, I don't think it is possible to get it restored back to the previous update. One thi...

Curious why you repeated exactly what Rikkster stated an hour after he had answered?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Shawn, I don't think it is possible to get it restored back to the previous update. One thi...

Curious why you are being rude? "Rikkster" provided a poor answer. At least this person gave me a link to check out. My question has YET to be answered as I asked if koodo could do it for me as I have no access to a computer. Put your ego away
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Rikkster gave a link to check out and sorry I just find it demeaning to repeat an answer someone already gave as many salespeople think if they say it that it means something but not Mobile Masters, like they think we're lesser than them. Sorry I'll leave now and wait till it happens again somewhere else which will be very soon I'm sure.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

I'm going to keep on topic of the question here. You will have to check at the retail spot if they will do it for you, but if they do it will cost you. It's a very simple process that will take you seconds to initiate, all you have to do is sit there and wait for the phone to do it's thing.
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

You don't need access to a computer to perform a factory reset on your phone Shawn. The link I provided will allow you to revert back to an earlier OS, (that would be where a computer is needed). Unfortunately, Koodo can't do that for you and I have my doubts they'll factory reset your phone. We're just trying to save you a trip to the kiosk.