Koodo Community

Community

Solved

battery issues

I've switched to a new battery since last month and it was fine but now it takes 4-5hours to charge and 30mins-1hour to drain

5 replies

Userlevel 7
What kind of phone is it? If you bought a cheap aftermarket battery instead of an OEM one then I'm not surprised; not all of those are trustworthy. Sounds like a poorly optimized battery or maybe your charger isn't giving it enough juice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

What kind of phone is it? If you bought a cheap aftermarket battery instead of an OEM one then I'...

I'd take it a step further and say that most 3rd party batteries are untrustworthy. Plus, they can damage the phone. OEM or nothing 🙂
Jonathan I wrote:

What kind of phone is it? If you bought a cheap aftermarket battery instead of an OEM one then I'...

Its a Samsung S3, i did not buy it off a "cheap aftermarket" i got it from koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Then I'd take my concerns to the shop you bought the battery from, or, contact customer service. How old is your phone? It could be a phone issue.
Jonathan I wrote:

Alright, thanks Its brand new, I got it in February