Koodo Community

Community

Solved

bad sim card

my phone keeps restarting after getting no signal. i suspect it to be a sim card issue since this doesn't happen in airplane mode. will i be charged a fee for replacing the sim card? and can this be done at any bestbuy locations? or do i have to visit a koodo store?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
How long have you had that particular SIM? Have you tried another SIM in your phone? Have you tried yours in another phone? What's your phone?
John Burke wrote:

How long have you had that particular SIM? Have you tried another SIM in your phone? Have you t...

i have the samsung note 1 i717. don't have another phone to try it with, but my phone doesn't restart itself without a sim card or airplane mode. tried factory reset and removed sd card, it's still the same. did some research online and others had the same issue but fixed with a new sim card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

How long have you had that particular SIM? Have you tried another SIM in your phone? Have you t...

Take it to a Koodo kiosk. If it is a sim card issue they should replace it for you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

I take it the phone is unlocked to work on other providers than the one it was sold from? What carrier is it from and did the phone work on the other carrier?
John Burke wrote:

the phone was from bell, but it works on big4 and mobilicity. have been working on koodo for a few months
Userlevel 2
John Burke wrote:

Before replacing the sim, get a network ticket logged so it can be investigated.
John Burke wrote:

how can this be done?
Userlevel 2
John Burke wrote:

Call Koodo Tech. *611 Option 6..
So i think i found a fix. not sure yet., i've got the i717M (note 1 bell) this i've tried and didn't work: flashing stock rom with odin flashing different modem replacing/ejecting sd card replacing simcard turning off data what i did to get it working: flashing stock telus JB rom flashing telus modem perhaps i am the only one, but i think telus network disconnects you if you're not using their phones/modem hope my fix helped others with the same problem