Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bad reception?

I just got the Nexus 5 with koodo switched from Rogers and it has no reception at all in maple ridge. I never had a problem with Rogers.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
I'm assuming Maple Ridge ontario which has great coverage so it's likely a phone setting Goto Settings...wireless and networks...more...mobile networks... Network selection should be set to auto
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm assuming Maple Ridge ontario which has great coverage so it's likely a phone setting Goto...

Sorry it's maple ridge British Columbia. Which has great reception with rogers
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm assuming Maple Ridge ontario which has great coverage so it's likely a phone setting Goto...

Yep . . . good service to be had there too . . . check the steps I gave you and see if that helps
Chad Burr wrote:

I did that but nothing's changed
Chad Burr wrote:

Any other options?
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

Check the way you inserted the sim card... Take it out and reinsert it properly..
Chad Burr wrote:

It's in properly
Chad Burr wrote:

Ive taken it out and inserted twice
Chad Burr wrote:

According to their coverage page I live in an advanced coverage zone. So why no reception? I guess I'll have to go back to rogers
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Just some basic stuff I want to ask It's a koodo Sim you have right? Where did you get your phone?
Chad Burr wrote:

Koodo sim. I ordered my phone from koodo and received it in the mail yesterday
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Did you call in and activate your Sim card?
Chad Burr wrote:

Activated online
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

Just call on the customer service from any other phone and you should be fine
Maple ridge British Columbia
Userlevel 6
stephanie f wrote:

Hi Steph, Have you tried taking out the sim and rebooting your phone?
stephanie f wrote:

Yes twice now
stephanie f wrote:

Does koodo allow returns and cancellations cause I will definitely go back to Rogers if there's no fix lol
Userlevel 7
stephanie f wrote:

Go back to the settings above and switch network selection to manual. The phone will scan and give you a list of available networks. Is koodo or telus one of them? Choose either Do you have reception at all anywhere else? Make sure 'use GSM only" or "use 2g only" isn't selected Make sure network type is set to wcdma/gsm auto or something similar...
Userlevel 7
stephanie f wrote:

Also can you answer this question after you tell me about activation?
stephanie f wrote:

Phone was activated yesterday. It's on 4g LTE mode so it shouldn't have a problem
Userlevel 7
stephanie f wrote:

Do you have reception at all anywhere else?