Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Auto Retrieve is on but not retreiving email to text sms S6

My auto retrieve is on yet I am unable to receive email notifications as text messages from my schools notification system. I tried calling Koodo's IT but they told me to restart my phone, which I've done multiple times but still no solution. I have also contacted my school's IT department and they investigated the problem and said Koodo is somehow blocking my phone from receiving those messages. When I went into Koodo they showed me that it is on. Therefore, what can I do to receive the email to text notifications?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Try using you ten digit nunber followed by

@msg.telus.com Or@msg.koodomobile.com The latter worked for me
what do you mean? It has me type in my cell phone number than i put that afterwards?
Userlevel 7
Michelle Minshall wrote:

what do you mean? It has me type in my cell phone number than i put that afterwards?

Tell the school to send you the email notifications to xxxxxxxxxx@msg.koodomobile.com replace the x with your phone number
Michelle Minshall wrote:

that's what I put, but I'm still not receiving the conformation code
Userlevel 7
Michelle Minshall wrote:

Or maybe I have the wrong idea. Is the schools system asking for your phone number so it can send you a text? Make sure you have the number correct and that you're entering all ten digits. Other than having the correct number, there's nothing really else to do. If to u can forward a copy of the message to your phone via the address I gave you above then at least that'd work
Michelle Minshall wrote:

Michelle Minshall wrote:

than i type in my number and it doesnt send me anything for the conformation code
I'm still not receiving the conformation code
Userlevel 7
Michelle Minshall wrote:

You're going to need to give Tech support a call. It's free. 611 from your phone.
Michelle Minshall wrote:

i already did that..they didn't help told me to restart my phone
Userlevel 7
Michelle Minshall wrote:

If you are able to receive text messages from other devices then the issue is with koodo or the school. I would call Koodo again and explain that restarting did nothing.
Michelle Minshall wrote:

I did. They said they were unable to assist me. So I hung up, again.
Userlevel 7
Michelle Minshall wrote:

Well that stinks, try the school again. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Michelle Minshall wrote:

why cant I open or download a text message picture some sends me.....it downloads but doesn't open

Userlevel 7
Michelle Minshall wrote:

Hi Natalie, please start a new thread so we can help you with that separate issue.
Userlevel 7
Michelle, can you edit your email address and change it to

Xxxxxxxxxx@msg.koodomobile.comI put a red arrow to show you where I mean.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Michelle, can you edit your email address and change it to

[url=mailto:Xxxxxxxxxx@msg.koodom...

Or, change the Koodo Mobile selection in the dropdown box to Telus. This should switch the text message to be sent to 'your phone number' @ msg.telus.com, which works better for some folks.  

(Just above and to the right of Chad's red arrow)

You shouldn't need to change the email address, as that is  for a different set of notifications.