Koodo Community

Community

Solved

area reception

I travel to an area northwest of Toronto and switched to Koodo years ago because of good reception provided by Koodo in that area. This year my reception is very poor, sometimes non existent. I checked with other Koodo users there, and they say it's fine. The only thing different is this year I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 phone. Could this be a phone with poor antena/reception, I like the phone in all other respects. Has Koodo any recommendations about how I can get better reception or am I shopping for a better phone.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Does it occur more inside buildings or outside? Outside shouldn't have poor reception ... though inside buildings can. I've used "One Click Signal Booster" in the past & it worked well for me. Here's a link to the free version, worth a shot--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.underwood.signalboosterfree
John Burke wrote:

Does it occur more inside buildings or outside? Outside shouldn't have poor reception ... though...

Thanks John, yes worth a try, problem is also outside
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What model was the previous phone? Did it take a sim card or not? I ask because CDMA and HSPA phones work on different networks and that could well explain the difference in coverage.
Userlevel 2
Hey Jo-Ann, if there's beeen no improvement, please give our Technical Support a call (*611 Option 6) for further assistance. A network ticket may need to be logged as well.

Userlevel 2
What phone did the OP have before? Perhaps it was a CDMA handset?