Koodo Community
Solved

Are Public mobile & Koodo owned by Telus and using Telus network?

if then if you build the plan with 6GB Data, unlimited canada wide talk & text, for 90 day plan only cost $161+tax. it mean your monthly cost only 53.00 for 2GB and unlimited plan but koodo charging $ 65.00 if you switch you will be save $12.00 months + you will get more reward. only thing you have to bring your own phone or buy it same thing koodo had now you have to buy phone. koodo is not any more contributing tab is my calculation Right??

12 replies

Userlevel 7
I'm really confused with your question. Your going to have to add information and re-word it.... Too hard to follow 
Userlevel 5
Your calculations look correct.   But what carrier has 90 day plans ?
Public mobile
Just go to public mobile web site and try to build your own .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sri wrote:

Just go to public mobile web site and try to build your own .

Koodo doesn't offer " Build your own plan"
And If you don't have a PM or Telus account, you can't use their plan.
My friends switched to PM from virgin Mobile few months ago and they don't have any issues. They highly recommend it
Userlevel 7
Only thing with PM is that you need to stay in major hubs all the time of else your roaming. I rather pay more to get coverage everywhere in Canada
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Only thing with PM is that you need to stay in major hubs all the time of else your roaming. I ra...

You may wish to review PM coverage map, Mathieu.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Only thing with PM is that you need to stay in major hubs all the time of else your roaming. I ra...

Public mobile runs on the same towers as Koodo, Telus and Bell and you get the exact same reception/coverage, actually for some reason I can't explain at all I get better reception with public mobile than I do with koodo which I'm still baffled by.

The reason public is cheaper supposedly is because you have to do everything on self serve and if you have any questions you have to ask the community, also that they only offer service no phones or anything.
I was using them for the last 6 months without a single issue and only just switched back to Koodo 2 days ago to take advantage of the Moto 360 / Moto X Play offer Koodo is running, but I'm sure I'll be switching back to them verrrrry soon if things don't change with Koodo's pricing of plans. I'm going to try out mobile payments while on Koodo and see if that may make it worth the extra cash but I can already tell you it probably won't. If Public Mobile starts offering NFC SIM Cards I'm gone back to them in a flash
Mathieu wrote:

Thanks .
Mathieu wrote:

Can I use koodo LG G3 to Public Mobile without unlock the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

You should be able to, I've used 6 different Koodo phones on Public Mobile without unlocking.