Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Are all Telus 4G networks compatible with Koodo?

Looking into a new phone, one of the ones I checked with Willmyphonework list 4G not compatible with koodo however the same model is listed for Telus.
Wondering if this means it will work through koodo or not,

Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Which phone are you looking at, specifically?
Userlevel 4
Hi, Mitchel

Telus and Koodo operates on the same network. Any phone that is compatible with Telus should be compatible with Koodo and vice versa. In fact Koodo is Telus under the different name. 

What kind of phone it is ?  What name nad brand? 
ZTE Axon 7

The A2017 model says it works for Telus on the Band7-2600MHz but not with Koodo

However the A2017G works on Telus with Band4-AWS, Band2-1900MHz, Band7-2600MHz
It also lists Koodo as working with Band 4 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not sure why willmyphonework.net is doing that but it will work with basically every lte band Telus / Koodo uses without problem. The Axon 7 is nice like that with a wide range of bands. You'll be fine.
Goran wrote:

Not sure why willmyphonework.net is doing that but it will work with basically every lte band Tel...

Thanks so much!
Userlevel 6
Goran wrote:

Not sure why willmyphonework.net is doing that but it will work with basically every lte band Tel...

I had the Axon 7 for a bit. It worked fine on Telus/Koodo. Great phone for the money, especially after the Nougat update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Possibly due to the fact that Telus tends to announce any new frequency bands, whereas Koodo, being a subsidiary doesn't - assuming that everyone knows that it's the same network. Just a guess. I don't know how that website gathers its data.