Koodo Community

Community

Solved

app is blocked by provider why?

I go too download an app it says it has been blocked by my provider. May you please unblock it!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
What app are you trying to download? Are you connected to wifi When you attempt to download it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you sure it's not a country specific app? Or that it's just not compatible with your specific device? I've never heard of a carrier blocking an app. Can you post a screen shot from the PlayStore of what your seeing?
Greetings Jessy and All! Hint: simply switch to VPN (search for Seed4Me VPN) to unblock voice calls apps, etc. if they are blocked by your provider. That's it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not aware of any apps being blocked by Koodo. And if it's a VoIP app that's being blocked, the CRTC probably won't take kindly to that.
VPN encrypts traffic from hackers or ISP, also it's a good practice to use a VPN in public places (cafe, hotel). So, it's OK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KlausMichelson wrote:

Some apps usually violate the usage policy of the provider, that's why either the government or t...

This thread is 3 years old, no need to revive it. Especially when you're just repeating the answers of others.