Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Anyway to seemlessly transfer all my apps to a new phone, "Android OS"?

Have an HTC one V, love my phone but want a new one..Want to get a Galaxy S2X...Can I transfer all my apps to the new phone without going through setting it all up all over again?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you sign into the new phone with your Google account all your apps will sync as well as contacts ect as long as you've synced everything with your Google account on the old phone. It will automatically download all your apps if you chose that option when setting up your new phone. If you don't want to download them all again you will need to root your device and backup each apk file to your computer and then transfer them from your computer to your new device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

When you sign into the new phone with your Google account all your apps will sync as well as cont...

Does it depend on the version of android? My S2x did not do this when I upgraded from the Galaxy Ace, but when I got an android tablet it auto-installed all the apps that were on my S2X.
Userlevel 7

When you sign into the new phone with your Google account all your apps will sync as well as cont...

Timo isn't totally confident on something? We're all doomed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't activate new devices often enough. I've activated a grand total of 3 so far. With the first there was nothing to transfer. With the second nothing transferred automatically, and with the third everything transferred. I'm not committing to anything until I see it work more than half the time. 😉