Koodo Community
Solved

Anyone know where the LG G7 went? Nowhere to be found on the website...

Userlevel 2
I went to add the G7 to my cart a couple days ago and it was gone off the website.

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/lg-g7-thinq

Direct link says "Access Denied" so it's not like the page has been removed (404'd).

I'm guessing it's currently out of stock but does anyone else have an official or better explanation?
icon

Best answer by Ismail.koodo 27 December 2018, 19:46

Hello Andrew!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you :(
When a phone is no longer in our inventory we take it off from our website, as we do not want to tease our customers with phones we no longer have.
The inventory for Koodo shops is different, so they might have some phones left but we can not guarantee it.
Thank you for your understanding and happy holidays 🙂

View original

19 replies

I'd like to know this too, been waiting to pick one up as a Christmas present for myself and now it's gone...
I think it is just out of stock at the moment too. I was looking at that phone too and a Huawei model and both dissappeared at the same time. The Huawei one is back up. I'm not 100% sure, that is what I thinking.

If so, I think it's rather dumb to do what they do since it's probably still in stock in their stores.

Hope it re-appears soon for all of us.
I am really disappointed of the website of koodo, very very bad communication, no info at all saying what happened with the LG G7 THINQ...
Userlevel 2
Still MIA... If it's out of stock, it should be marked as such, not disappear from the website entirely. Hoping it's back in stock before the end of this week if that is the case.
Userlevel 2
Apparently it's not sold in stores, so going to pick one up locally isn't even an option.
What is going on?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello Andrew!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you :(
When a phone is no longer in our inventory we take it off from our website, as we do not want to tease our customers with phones we no longer have.
The inventory for Koodo shops is different, so they might have some phones left but we can not guarantee it.
Thank you for your understanding and happy holidays 🙂
Userlevel 2
That's not a complete answer though.
Is it not in inventory because it's temporarily out of stock or is it not being carried anymore?
If it's just out of stock, when is it expected to be back in stock?
Details please.
Yes, more details please.

It hasn't even been out for a year yet but you still have G6s from almost two years ago. 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo is always minimal on details. The p20 mate was taken off and when stock was replenished, it wa put back on. I would presume that's going to be the same with the G7. I wouldn't expect any updates as to when/if. I'd rather it say plainly "out of stock" but that's not how they roll.
Userlevel 2
The link no longer says "Access Denied", it just goes to the listing of available phones, as if to say, look at these instead.
I still want my G7... Where is it? What is going on?
Userlevel 2
The web store knows it's out of stock but has no further information AT ALL.
Also, Walmart does not carry this model and Best Buy seems to be sold out anywhere near me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andrew wrote:

The web store knows it's out of stock but has no further information AT ALL.
Also, Walmart does not carry this model and Best Buy seems to be sold out anywhere near me.

If you dont see it on their list of phones, then they dont sell it. You never know if it will change in the future but for right now, it is not a phone they carry.

It is unlikely that Koodo will provide anymore info about what they will carry in the future
As of yesterday evening the link to the phone's page went to the "access denied" message.

All you can do is wait and see. 😑
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shellden wrote:

As of yesterday evening the link to the phone's page went to the "access denied" message.

All you can do is wait and see. 😑

Was there anything special about the G7 that you are waiting for? Even when it is available, the price might not be good.

I would go for other phones or wait for the LG G8 in 2,3 months.
Userlevel 2
Snapdragon 845 for $460 on Tab Small when it was last seen.
After a month it's probably smart to assume this phone isn't coming back to Koodo. 😯

Why such old low-end phones for the majority of the LG line-up? The G6 and G7 One are the best phones they have and the G6 should be gone soon since it's almost two years old. The G7 One is only in stores too.

So disappointed....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shellden wrote:

After a month it's probably smart to assume this phone isn't coming back to Koodo. 😯

Why such old low-end phones for the majority of the LG line-up? The G6 and G7 One are the best phones they have and the G6 should be gone soon since it's almost two years old. The G7 One is only in stores too.

So disappointed....

The G7 One is still available in store if you wanted to pick one up!
While the thoight of stock Andriod is apealing, the G7 One is lacking in the features of the flagship G7 ThinQ. Most notably the lesser processor and lack of wide-angle camera, both of which are deal breakers for me.

Sounds like getting one on a tab is not going to happen which is unfortunate. Please being this device back Koodo.
Badge +4
Pauly Boy wrote:

While the thoight of stock Andriod is apealing, the G7 One is lacking in the features of the flagship G7 ThinQ. Most notably the lesser processor and lack of wide-angle camera, both of which are deal breakers for me.

Sounds like getting one on a tab is not going to happen which is unfortunate. Please being this device back Koodo.

I think if they could get stock of that phone they would bring it back. It's popular and the flagship of LG at the moment. Then again the new LG lineup will be coming out soon but the price won't be as good as the ThinQ if they could get it back in stock.