Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Anyone able to update past UD80 on the Idol 3?

The American carriers have pushed multiple updates to their idol 3 models far past our software version. Will we be getting any further updates?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The most recent update was 2 days ago so if you have that your good. US carrier models could very well be running different builds that just enable better connections for their frequencies ect so don't worry about the actual version of the software just focus on the actual Android version #.

That said the most recent build for Koodo models is 7SRN-UDN1 of Android 5.0.2 which began being pushed 2 days ago
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The most recent update was 2 days ago so if you have that your good. US carrier models could very...

I haven't had an update since Sept.    Should I receive it on wifi, or do I need to check with Data on ?   Shouldn't matter should it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The most recent update was 2 days ago so if you have that your good. US carrier models could very...

It shouldn't matter, I'm actually not using the phone so I don't even have a SIM Card in it I just have it set to download the update automatically and connected to wifi and it asked if I wanted to install the update it downloaded 2 days ago. It could be a slow roll out so just keep an eye out because it is coming.
Userlevel 5

Thanks

oh awesome! Glad to see an update. My main concern was the monthly security updates that seem to be implemented into other versions of the Alcatel ROM. Glad to hear there's a new update.
Userlevel 5
I'll keep an eye out for that one 🙂 Haven't got it yet.
Spence wrote:

What build are you running? I can't seem to get the updater to recognize anything newer than October 2015 builds.
Userlevel 5
Spence wrote:

7SR7-UD71
Spence wrote:

huh weird. Mine's on UD80 but won't update past that. Perhaps the update system is broken?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Spence wrote:

Updates are not pushed out all at the same time and slowly roll out to make sure ppl aren't reporting any issues before they push it to more ppl, this is normal with most Android device makes. Just be patient it's coming, just keep manually checking for the update a couple times a day. Note, you could try performing a factory reset of the device because I did have issues back when I updated from the version your running now Matthew and had to factory reset the device for the update to install after it got me to re download the update again.
Userlevel 5
Spence wrote:

Just did factory reset. Still not getting update. Will just keep checking
Spence wrote:

Spence there's an Alcatel Onetouch update tool you can download for windows and flash the ROM that way, just makes sure to use version +4.9.X because the older versions don't work.
Userlevel 5
Spence wrote:

I found this update conversation at Telus

http://forum.telus.com/articles/53566/mobility/software-update-schedule

Shows Idol 3 update on Jan 18,,, Hopefully that it flows thru to Koodo as well

Spence wrote:

its Jan 20, no update yet 😞
Spence wrote:

Keep us posted if and when it comes please!
Spence wrote:

Just received it now! It was over 300 mb and build number updated to 7SRN-UDN1. Don't feel there is a huge difference yet accept maybe phone is a tad faster.
Userlevel 1
Spence wrote:

According to that chart on the Telus link, should be security updates and an audio fix. Maybe the call volume will change when you adjust it now. Oh, and I got it, too. But mine was 88mb