Koodo Community

Community

Solved

any1 ever order a phone from gearbest that DOES work on koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some may work but some may not. The specs associated with Koodo network are within the website and all over this community forum so just make sure to match those specs with whichever phone your looking to purchase and you should be good to go. Of course it also has to be unlocked!
Yes i know what specs have to be but that means nothing gearbest pretty much throws the same specs on every phone. I was asking if someone HAS a phone there thats DOES work. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dlb wrote:

Yes i know what specs have to be but that means nothing gearbest pretty much throws the same spec...

Even if someone says yes, it will only apply if your looking at buying that same exact phone they did. Use the search feature in this community forum. Try " Gearbest phones on Koodo ". If nothing, i hope someone can provide the answer your looking for. Best of luck!
dlb wrote:

Yes i know what specs have to be but that means nothing gearbest pretty much throws the same spec...

Thanks Chad much appreciated. 
Badge +4
Specs mean everything and could mean the difference of forking out money for a phone that either is or isn't compatible with Koodo's network. You haven't provided a make or model number, so it's anyone's guess as to which phone you're referring to. Knowing which phone you're interested in would be helpful. Of the phones offered on Gearbest, those that include 3G/WCDMA, 850/1900 MHz should be compatible with Koodo's network and that's where it ends. I searched through the Gearbest inventory and could not find a compatible LTE device that uses the 1700/2100 MHz (AWS) frequencies that Koodo uses for LTE.
Userlevel 4
I have been looking to buy a phone at Gear Best. I wanted to buy a Xiaomi Mi4 that seemed to have interesting specs. Unfortunately frequencies do not mach with Koodo frequencies. So I checked a little further, other phones, and still I had problems with frequencies.At this point, I gave up. DO NOT TRUST the option offered by Gear Best to check functionality of cellphones on North American or European networks (I do not know about the rest of the world), according to Gear Best most of their phones work but they are liars.