Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Any Trade in Value??

I'm looking to upgrade to a S3, I have an optimus one now. Is there any value for a trade in. The phone is in good condition, protectors on front and back. Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
The only way to get an exact quote would be to go in-store (koodo store/kiosk only) but for a phone like that, regardless of condition, I wouldn't expect more than a $20-$30 trade-in value.
Userlevel 4
You would have to go in store for a quote on that one. You might have better luck selling it privately.
thanks guys, better than nothing I guess
Userlevel 1
BestBuy has a Trade-In value estimator. I can't promise Koodo will match any worth from BestBuy, but at least this can give you a reference of sorts: http://tradein.bestbuy.ca/bb/QuoteCalculatorCellPhones.cfm?Brand=
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

BestBuy has a Trade-In value estimator. I can't promise Koodo will match any worth from BestBuy, ...

This site is super helpful. Thanks.
thanks
Userlevel 2
Sell it privately on ebay/kijiji/craigslist if you want to get the best possible value. The prices Koodo, or any carrier, offer for trade ins are substantially less then what you'd get selling privately.
Userlevel 7
mattjs wrote:

Sell it privately on ebay/kijiji/craigslist if you want to get the best possible value. The pric...

The hassle of selling of phone like that might not even be worth it. In all other cases, I totally agree.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Sell it privately on ebay/kijiji/craigslist if you want to get the best possible value. The pric...

To avoid the 'hassle' part I usually just drop the price of the phone lower then the 'market value', usually it's gone within an hour lol. Last device I sold was a Q10. Market value in my area for BNIB is around $475. Put it up for $430 and someone came by to grab it within the hour.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

I'm sure he'd get at least $50 for the O1. Though my advice would be to keep the phone as a backup if his new phone has warranty issues or gets lost/stolen. My Z10 has that role, hehe.