Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Any risk of that happening at Koodo anytime soon?

Userlevel 1

34 replies

No man! Wind is weird and have weird CDMA/gsm sorta phones.. They will probably not receive anymore where the bans they need.. Koodo should carry it as long as it keeps selling.. And from what I know its still a very popular phone... Koodo even still carries the nexus 4.. Don't worry man you're all good with Koodo!
Userlevel 6
Matthew Gosché wrote:

No man! Wind is weird and have weird CDMA/gsm sorta phones.. They will probably not receive anymo...

[i][...] weird CDMA/gsm sorta phones Come on now, Matthew. Wind has some issues, but carrying weird phones isn't one of them. They carry phones compatible with 3G AWS (1700MHz) networks, which the Nexus 5 is well capable of using.
Matthew Gosché wrote:

No man! Wind is weird and have weird CDMA/gsm sorta phones.. They will probably not receive anymo...

I didn't say they sold weird phones. They sell relevant phones. But most of them even unlocked do not work on any other network. That's what I meant by that. Also to show the phone quality difference between wind and Koodo. Which is the whole topic. He provided a wind post. And as far as well all know. And I have a good inside knowledge that that phone will def be available on Koodo for a looong time plus, it doesn't have to be a Koodo phone. It can be any nexus basically. From anywhere. I'm not hating on wind. But two completely different levels as where the two companies stand in profits and customers. Let alone service and customer service standards. So its perfectly find for me to hold my stance!
Userlevel 6
Matthew Gosché wrote:

No man! Wind is weird and have weird CDMA/gsm sorta phones.

I didn't say they sold weird phones.

I wasn't challenging your [i]stance, Matthew. While I appreciate your input, I only wanted to point out that Wind operates neither a CDMA nor a GSM network, which your post hinted at. Also, Koodo doesn't stock the Nexus 4 anymore. It can still be found in some kiosks as a refurb, but it's hit or miss.

But most of them even unlocked do not work on any other network. That's what I meant by that.

Every Wind phone, once unlocked, will work at least on Rogers' 2G network, and most of the time also on the Big3's national 3G networks as support for 850/1900 3G is very common, including Wind phones.

Also to show the phone quality difference between wind and Koodo.

Did you mean phone [i]selection ? Or actual quality of the devices themselves? If the latter, explain to me how a Nexus5 bought at Koodo is better than one bought at Wind or anywhere else.

And I have a good inside knowledge that that phone will def be available on Koodo for a looong time plus

Do you work for Koodo? Or LG, maybe? This is a bold statement. We never know when a phone will be phased out from Koodo's lineup (like Dennis mentioned below, HTC M8 anyone?) so I wouldn't go as far as saying something like this.

But two completely different levels as where the two companies stand in profits and customers.

I have never used Wind services myself, but if we are to believe feedback from online communities, it would seem that you're right on this one. I also agree with you that Koodo does provide very good customer service. 🙂
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Oh gonna use that tactic? Do you want to correct my grammar too? You're all too familure shucks 🙂
Userlevel 6
Matthew Gosché wrote:

There is no tactic. You basically came to the community and decided the crown was yours. This is no competition, we're all in it to help out. If you're so inclined to take the lead, just do so. Just expect your posts and replies to be scrutinized for accuracy. That's how the beast it. We all want all customers, past present and future, to have accurate info. And this time, you were not accurate.
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Def not. Anyone get that lg or Koodo official statement? Common mobile masters.. You know the industry. If I'm wrong then show me.. How am I wrong when there is no evidence. I base my skills set on fact, and numbers. Not word of mouth or projections. I'm a numbers guy.. Just because you can prove me wrong on an 'master' level doesn't mean anything. I didn't crown myself. You all jumped on me these past few days. I keep saying over and over.. I don't care what you experts think. You don't know everything. And I also know you denied pay.. Wanna let everyone know the massive discounts you get from Koodo service.. Or how you get free phones to test before launch? How many reps are on here.. Talking to me saying you don't get paid. Lol
Matthew Gosché wrote:

You don't have to work for 'Koodo' to be on a pay role for Koodo. 3rd party. Some of you will be mad I said that.. The rest of you are confused haha
Userlevel 6
Matthew Gosché wrote:

You brought me down to your level and defeated me with experience. Well done, Matthew. As for everything else, yes, it's true. We get paid. A lot, I would say, like 6 figures. We also get our phones so soon that we have to fly to the actual factory and wait for 8yr olds to be done assembling our phones before we can actually leave with them in our hands. What a bummer. They could hurry up already. And the service discounts...... By God the discounts! The SK/MB plan? pffttt.... Koodo actually PAYS us to use them! The more data we use, the more they pay us. It's amazing. But now, you've told everyone. The secret's out. I wish we all knew as much as you Matthew. I never saw it coming!
Userlevel 6
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Now, for a bit of on-topic writing... No one actually said the Nexus 5 was discontinued at Koodo, Matthew. What we say is that we don't know how long it's going to be in the lineup, that's a big difference. And no, you can't go out and proclaim it's going to be offered almost forever. Only Koodo knows how long they'll keep it in there. For now, it's offered. And that's all we know, that it's offered, right now.
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Keep discrediting me all you want. I know how the system works. I know all aspects. Find that lg statement? Or still wanna keep talking? .. We can talk all night. I don't sleep. Until you actually show proof to me or anyone.. You or anyone else can't prove it. I can't prove it because I can't disclose that information. But yes. I do know more than you.. Just because I'm new doesn't say anything. No lg proof.. I'm right. Back to the op now.. He said he was worried because he wanted to upgrade in 2 weeks. He saw a wind tweet. Asked if it was going to happen to Koodo. Whatever you all want to think. For his question the answer was no. Koodo will have that phone available for the next year in kiosks. But the huge box chains that's buy up that vast majority of stock..will have that in for years and years.. Koodo corp says one thing.. This site tells you one thing. You are masters at Koodo. I'm a master of all companies, plans, tactics, stats, sales points, focus, future business, projections, profits, losses.. Any stat you would ever need to know I know. Don't get upset. I don't want to fight.. But let's play this out.. I'll keep helping the community.. Because that's why I'm here.. And you can keep saying I'm wrong. But I'm not. Thus the reason no one has actually proved that Koodo won't carry the nexus 5 in two weeks when he decides to upgrade. Did I answer the ops question? Yes. Did you all jump on me? Yes. No need to keep talking. I'll truck on and I don't really care what you have to say. I'll help the customer.. I already know you all are customers of Koodo so no need to convince you! It was a wind tweet. He asked if it involved Koodo. I said no. The answer is no. No matter what you want to say. The answer for right now.. And two weeks is no. For the next year it will still be no. After that.. It still won't be no because telus.. Plus unlocked.. Universally.. All over the world. .. The answer will still be no. Wanna keep chatting? I'll be here all night 🙂... But pls find that lg/koodo statement... Also find out stock levels.. Then come back with a better rebuttle masta
Userlevel 6
Matthew Gosché wrote:

So, let me get this right... You want me to actually prove that we don't know how long the Nexus5 is going to be in the lineup? How does anyone prove something that they DON'T know about? We never said we knew WHEN it would be taken out of the lineup. We all specifically said we did NOT know when. Koodo does, not you, not us.
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Because I do know bud 😉 keep talking though. You keep saying I'm wrong.. You think no one knows? You guys don't know.. I do.. I was very clear with my point. The nexus 5 will be available for a looong time.. Years. I know that for a fact. I do know that. You just keep saying how you don't know.. Doesn't mean I don't! And that's my point. You don't know. I do. Can you admit you don't know.. Actually? And still say I don't know.. When I still am? Common masta.. Try a little harder with proof. Talk is cheap.
Userlevel 6
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Well, thanx for the lulz bud! We get you once or twice a year (yeah yeah, we know, accounts are easy to create over and over again). I guess it's one of those times again, or that the ban timer simply reset so that you could create yet another account a couple of days ago. Have a good night, sir!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matthew Gosché wrote:

How many years? Will it be discontinues in 2016? 2017?
Matthew Gosché wrote:

I'm generic now? You run into me all the time? I made a new account? Anything else you wanna claim about me boss? And I'm an accountant now? .. Didn't even know what that entails? I like numbers.. I didn't go to university for that? What else do you guys know about me? Let's get more off topic while you keep judging 🙂 How many years? Like I said I can't disclose that information.. However if you take an educated guess I can certainly say more or less.. Wanna try? Actually any of you masters try to guess! (3rd party Koodo reps, 3rd party retailers, AMs, DMs, SMs, anyone with a T:id doesn't count as legit). However if you are one of those and want to take a guess just pm me and I'll say higher or lower.. I'll never give an exact number!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Let's all focus on helping the customer instead of starting a p*ssing match... Best question to ask ourselves is if proving who is right is ultimately for the good of the person who asked the question. I now declare this particular argument closed 🙂
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Sophia just trumped us all. I agree and no hard feelings gang, the customer is the focus and that's why we are all here
Badge +4
Matthew Gosché wrote:

It's also all about getting the correct answer to the person who asked the question. As I read this from the customers' perspective, all I see is nothing more than pure speculation, (regarding the first answer) and a discussion about how one particular poster claims to have undisclosable insider information and alleges that he is hard done by as a result of people trying to explain fact. While the focus is on helping the customer, if we have one person who incessantly disagrees with fact, then naturally the people who are trying to help maintain the accuracy of this topic will feel compelled to defend their statements.
Userlevel 1
Matthew Gosché wrote:

Well, that escalated quickly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo may discontinue any phones at any moment (HTC One M8 anyone?) If it is a phone you really want, what is the harm in getting it now
Dennis wrote:

Koodo may discontinue any phones at any moment (HTC One M8 anyone?) If it is a phone you reall...

They could.. Doesn't mean they won't carry it in store. They still carry tons of 'discontinued' phones.. You just don't see them unless you ask. Also that phone is still huge and universally unlocked. So getting one is super easy.. And probably will be because of its popularity. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Koodo may discontinue any phones at any moment (HTC One M8 anyone?) If it is a phone you reall...

Matthew, they "carry them" because it's leftover stock that they're trying to sell and not because they are actually receiving stock.
Dennis wrote:

When I see an official LG statement saying the phone is done. Or Koodo does. My point still stands. I know you mobile masters are paid to be here. But I'm an independent 3rd party that will provide the most realistic answers.. And cheapest ways to have good service. That's what Koodo is all about. No need to argue either way until there is a written statement . as of no there is nothing.
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

We're actually not paid. All of our time in the community is on our own time.