Koodo Community
Question

Any reason there is no more LG phones ?

Userlevel 1
I was happy to see LG G7 ThinQ back online last week and was waiting for a promo to order it.
But suddenly it dissappeard this morning.

There is no LG G8 ThinQ as well.

I'm wondering why Koodo is not offering those devices while they are available at competitors.

I'm now shopping a new phone and I'm not interesred in Samsungs $1000+ or A series or Iphones.

the LG phones specs are great with cheap price.

The absence of these LG phones category (great specs & cheap price) will push me and many other users to start looking at Fido or other suppliers.
I should be buying a new phone within one month fom now
Maybe I'm interested in Huawei P30 Pro but again I'll not put $900 on a phone that I know I will replace it in less than 2 years.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They're not selling well and only old stock or refinished keeps being offered, I don't think koodoo is into making the minimum order because they sit on them too long, it's unfortunate because I agree they make some great phones.

It's not going to move too many ppl to ajo her carrier because you can always bring one to koodobfrom elsewhere if compatible and its a very small amount f ppl to hat wouldn't just pick the Samsung A series or the S series really.
Userlevel 1
It's too bad for the future of phones competition.
One day the choices will be narrowed to either Samsung or Iphone.. If you want something else, buy it yourself online from Ebay or similar sites.

I'll not hep this strategy especially i don't like those 2 brands iPhone and Samsung
I'll switch to Fido to pick LG phone or will stay with koodo if they offer a great deal on Huawei P30 Pro in the next few days
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Samsung S9 is a much superior phone than the G7 and they're the same price if you didnt want to spend the $1000 like you mentioned.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Allan.
But S9 doesn't have a very important feature for me: "ultra wide angle camera" which is already included in LG phones since LG G5 in 2016!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you switch, make sure your plan is better or comparable. Otherwise just buy the phone online from amazon
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can pretty well buy any unlocked LG phone you want online from sources such as eBay, including refurbs. If you slap it on your credit card, then you can regulate your own personal "tab" without being tethered to any one carrier. Pay as much or as little as you want. Maintain your current Koodo tab or switch to a BYOD device if that's better for you.

Look at LG V20 refurb for about $225 cdn. Android 8, wide angle camera, 64 GB storage, 4 GB ram, user swappable battery (no longer offered on subsequent models), micro SD card.
Userlevel 1
Thanks everyone for the comments.
I was curious this morning to see the price of the S9+ although I'm not very interested in that device but I heard great comments on its battery.
I logged to my account and I was surprised that even that phone does not exist at Koodo !!!

I hope someone from Koodo is looking to that thread and send to their management my upset as a customer concerning the lack of phones choices (No LG G series / No LG V series / No Samsung S9+/ No Motorola's)

Meanwhile I'm not comfortable to buy a phone online from Amazon or Ebay without warranty and pay the whole amount upfront.
Userlevel 4
Hi there Greg! We'd be happy to assist. Please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so we can discuss further details.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks everyone for the comments.
I was curious this morning to see the price of the S9+ although I'm not very interested in that device but I heard great comments on its battery.
I logged to my account and I was surprised that even that phone does not exist at Koodo !!!

I hope someone from Koodo is looking to that thread and send to their management my upset as a customer concerning the lack of phones choices (No LG G series / No LG V series / No Samsung S9+/ No Motorola's)

Meanwhile I'm not comfortable to buy a phone online from Amazon or Ebay without warranty and pay the whole amount upfront.

Maybe it's the chinese culture in me, but I dont understand why you wouldnt want to pay upfront? If you buy upfront from an online retailer, it is likely to be cheaper over all since the Tab loan from carriers are not really free since they jack up the retail price to make up for the loan you are getting for the phone.

You can buy phones direct from Samsung, but unfortunately LG does not sell direct to customers. Not sure why.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
All I can say in the end is keep looking if you're set on an LG from Koodo on subsidy because they have popped up out of the blue a few times and I can't see it just ending now. You may have to go refurbished but I've bought many phones from Koodo refurbished phones and there as good or better than new in box so don't shy away if one of those does come up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can pretty well buy any unlocked LG phone you want online from sources such as eBay, including refurbs. If you slap it on your credit card, then you can regulate your own personal "tab" without being tethered to any one carrier. Pay as much or as little as you want. Maintain your current Koodo tab or switch to a BYOD device if that's better for you.

Look at LG V20 refurb for about $225 cdn. Android 8, wide angle camera, 64 GB storage, 4 GB ram, user swappable battery (no longer offered on subsequent models), micro SD card.

90-day warranty, 30-day exchange. Delivery in 2 days. That's where I bought my V20.

https://secondcell.ca/collections/telephones-usages-lg
Userlevel 1
Maybe it's the chinese culture in me, but I dont understand why you wouldnt want to pay upfront? If you buy upfront from an online retailer, it is likely to be cheaper over all since the Tab loan from carriers are not really free since they jack up the retail price to make up for the loan you are getting for the phone.

You can buy phones direct from Samsung, but unfortunately LG does not sell direct to customers. Not sure why.

I don't agree at all.
Phones from service providers (Kodoo or others) are less expensive than buying directly from Samsung or Amazon (assuming you buy a brand new phone from a trusted supplier with warranty)
The reason is that Koodo and others offer promos to attract customers

A simple example:
Today 16/08/2019:
S10+ with 128 GB is $1269.99 - From Samsung
Same device: $80 upfront + ($40x 24month) = $1040 - From Koodo
Koodo is less expensive by $230 on that device

Another example
I got my LG G5 with gift card on small tab 2 years ago and costed me almost $40 after all while I could buy it from Amazon for something like $500 or $600
Even without gift card, it would be way more cheaper than buying from Amazon (less than half price of Amazon)

In the case, it's exactly same price: why paying the full amount upfront while you can paythe same amount on 24 months?