Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Any idea on when Koodo will push Android 5.0 Lollipop to my Nexus 4?


Userlevel 1
Still waiting on the Android Lollipop OTA. I'd prefer not to sideload or flash it. Any idea of when it will be coming? Android Lollipop started pushing out to Nexus 4 almost a month ago.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo has nothing to do with when the phone gets updates since it's a Nexus device, it's updated directly from Google. There were issues with 5.0 and Google has stopped updates for the last week and a half or 2 while they fixed bugs and just started releasing 5.0.1 with the bug fixes. The Wifi tablets are the first to get the update after the roll out was paused and once there's no reports of any new or still existing bugs then they will begin to roll out to phones starting with the Nexus 5 and 6 and then the 4 will see it soon after. Just keep hitting the check for updates button every day until it reaches your device.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has nothing to do with when the phone gets updates since it's a Nexus device, it's updated ...

The "it's updated directly from Google" thing has changed. Carriers can block Nexus updates now: http://ausdroid.net/2014/12/04/yes-telstra-is-blocking-your-nexus-updates If Koodo is blocking the update, popping in a (expired/unactivated/active doesn't matter) Rogers SIM might get you the update as their update schedule says it's available now. If Google is not sending out updates because of bugs, like Paul Deschamps says, there's nothing you can do except for waiting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has nothing to do with when the phone gets updates since it's a Nexus device, it's updated ...

Koodo is not blocking anything and that story above is complete bull considering you don't even need a SIM Card in your phone to receive updates. I'm running 5.0 on my Nexus 5 that I received OTA while I had no SIM Card in at all. I'm running Android 5.0.1 now on my Nexus 7 2013 after not being able to get the update for a week after my N5 had it and the N7 2013 was the first Nexus device to recieve the update, trust me it's because they were fixing bugs which is why they're rolling out 5.0.1 now instead of 5.0
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has nothing to do with when the phone gets updates since it's a Nexus device, it's updated ...

Seems that Telus and Koodo customers with the Nexus 4 have been delayed getting the Lollipop update. I read the same thing on the Reddit Nexus 4 forum.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has nothing to do with when the phone gets updates since it's a Nexus device, it's updated ...

Do you have a link to the Reddit Nexus 4 forum posting citing this please?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has nothing to do with when the phone gets updates since it's a Nexus device, it's updated ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus4/comments/2qvw5w/still_stuck_with_kitkat/
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has nothing to do with when the phone gets updates since it's a Nexus device, it's updated ...

Nexus updates are always available directly from Google, unmolested. Google it and you will find the page with links for all nexus devices.
Userlevel 1
"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From the Google Play Store's website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Is that for the Nexus 6, because the Nexus 6 has carriers being allowed to screw with it but the N4 and N5 carriers had nothing to do with these devices, they had no bloatware added by carriers at all so all of them sold in North America were exactly the same which is not the case now with the Nexus 6
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

I still have not received the update on my nexus 4. On the nexus support page they do say: Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update.

I assume I should have gotten the update by now.
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Kris, I still haven't received the push either. My coworker who has a N4, i believe on Telus, has already received the 5.0 and 5.0.1 updates. Why, if they're all the same, would it take so much longer for us to get it on our N4s? This is a bit ridiculous.
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Still waiting as well. My wife whom has the Nexus 4 phone and is on same carrier has received her updates.
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Patience is a virtue. I believe google is fixing bugs as they slowly release it. They are already at 5.02.
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

But they will be forever fixing bugs. It never ends. If we have to wait for a"perfect " release, we will never get another update.
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Just got 5.0.2 on my nexus 7 (2012 WiFi only) today. Works well so far. Still waiting for my nexus 4 to upgrade. I've been hearing rumors that 5.1 will be out in February.
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Just got 5.0.1 on my nexus 4 yesterday. Works well, so far I like it☺️
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

I got mine last night as well. What's interesting is that koodo says they have nothing to do with the updates yet all these koodo users got the update the same day. Seems odd...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Because Koodo would get the devices in batches and updates are done in consecutive batches hence why many Koodo customers are receiving their updates at the same time, makes sense right
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

I bought my phone from the Google play store.
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

I have a non koodoo friend who just recieved it as well....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Well you just kind of defeated your argument there Kris as its not just Koodo people getting it so why would you think Koodo has something to do with the update?
Adam Van Elsberg wrote:

"Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update." -From...

Ok, that's good to hear. I'm the only one I know with a nexus device that had not been updated. When I searched the web a few weeks ago it seemed as though only koodo users were still waiting. Anyway, happy it finally came. So far it's working great.
My wife's N4 which is on Koodo still has not gotten any 5.x Lollipop update yet either. My N4, on a Roger's MVNO, got 5.0 and then 5.0.1 weeks ago. Can *anyone* on Kodoo confirm they have gotten any 5.x update OTA (i.e. not flashed or sideloaded) as proof that Kodoo is not blocking it?
My wife did get her 5.0 and 5.0.1 updates on her N4. I, however, have not and we both are on Koodoo.
Has she done anything other than checking for updates? Is this a data thing that koodo doesnt want to exceed a limit?

Reply