Koodo Community

Community

Antivirus

I would like if my phone plan came with antivirus already on it, so I wouldn't have to buy it separately and install.

9 replies

No phone plan has an antivirus. If you want an antivirus program on your phone, you have to download it yourself.
Yes, I know the phones don't come with antivirus already downloaded. But it would be nice if they did, like computers do 🙂
Shannon Stephenson wrote:

Yes, I know the phones don't come with antivirus already downloaded. But it would be nice if the...

You mean the preloaded bloated software on prebuilt computer? No thanks. Just download AVG. It's free and does a really nice job. I don't use it on my phone but it works nicely regardless.
Userlevel 1
Shannon Stephenson wrote:

Yes, I know the phones don't come with antivirus already downloaded. But it would be nice if the...

I did install it 2 months ago, it comes with Protection, Performance, Anti-Theft and Privacy options on my android phone, it works for me, I don't have to pay for it.
it could be an add on that a client can buy. Nice idea
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well I guess antivirus is a bit personal... some we like and others we don't... I tried a few and ended up *GASP* having none at all, lol. I found it slowed down the phone no end and I never side-load anything... (yes I know Google play store is not 100% safe either!) Still it would be a good idea if it was removable 🙂
Userlevel 4
This might be better suited to suggest to the manufacturers of the phones
Some of ISP are offering Antivirus to their customer, this could be introduced to koodo . The clients have always the choice to install any antivirus they want .
ISP offering antivirus is VERY different from a mobile provider offering antivirus for a phone. For instance, Shaw offers Mcafee most likely because of a partnership. What I don't know is if it's the full version or a trial. Much like with Norton on a prebuilt computer, it is usually a trial version and you have to pay for the yearly subscription. I honestly can't see this happening. Any applications are usually 3rd party and as far as I know, mobile providers won't advocate 3rd party applications as a PR thing. Plus you would have customers asking questions about the specific antivirus that customer service agents wouldn't have access to the information.