Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Annoying "Welcome Back to Canada" text notifications

How do I shut off the "Welcome Back to Canada" text notifications from Koodo? I get them almost daily since I am in the U.S. daily. The text messages come at some varied and annoying times. Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Gary.

There's no way to stop them. You could block the number and then you wouldn't receive no more texte from Koodo.
OK. Thanks Robert. I appreciate the quick response and information. Text notifications at 3am can be very annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah I understand. But you usually get this text notification when you're back in Canada, not after. Unless it's delayed. Is that the case?
Robert wrote:

Yeah I understand. But you usually get this text notification when you're back in Canada, not aft...

The notification is delayed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you would rather suppress the -in and -out of Canada messages altogether, then you would not be very well positioned to challenge any roaming charges.

If your phone allows it, put it into snooze mode after 11 pm or whenever suits you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If you would rather suppress the -in and -out of Canada messages altogether, then you would not b...

Also, I think the CRTC makes it an obligatory rule for those text to be sent, right?
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If you would rather suppress the -in and -out of Canada messages altogether, then you would not b...

I'm not sure.