Koodo Community

Community

Android update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S2X T989D!

Thanks for the Android update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S2X T989D!

123 replies

Userlevel 6
You're welcome, Brad! Enjoy 🙂
Yannick wrote:

You're welcome, Brad! Enjoy :)

how do I get the update thanks
Yannick wrote:

Hi Rose, If you scroll down there are several ways of upgrading; the most common being downloading the Samsung Kies program to your computer and plugging your phone into the computer with your provided USB cable. Hope that helps.
Yannick wrote:

hi, my phone is unable to upgrade from kies as it shows some administrative rights? how do i update my phone?
Yannick wrote:

Do not use kies to update you samsung galaxy s2x t989D ! It caused my phone to corrupt and say "firmware upgrade enquired an issue. Please go to kies and try again", In the end we had to go pay and get it fixed. DO NOT USE JIES TO UPGRADE
Yannick wrote:

Just updated my s2x t989d to 4.1.2 using kies without any problem.
Yannick wrote:

how???? plz tell me
Yannick wrote:

Why is Kites telling me that it cannot update my phone because of the IT policies?
How do I get the update? Will it be sent OTA? You see: My SIIX has never been able to connect to Kies from day 1, always showing the error "Device not supported by Kies 2.0". And the "Check for Update" option is also missing on the Phone Status screen. It seems both of these problems have been mentioned before either here or elsewhere on-line. Any solution?
Badge +4
Prajna Surya wrote:

How do I get the update? Will it be sent OTA? You see: My SIIX has never been able to connect ...

You will need to update Kies to the latest version. Here: http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP Version number should look something like this: 2.5.3.13043_14. You can find the version information under Help > Kies Information. The S2x doesn't have the ability to upgrade over-the-air (OTA) which is why the Check for Update area is missing. However, with the new JellyBean upgrade, they've included that feature.
Prajna Surya wrote:

How do I get the update? Will it be sent OTA? You see: My SIIX has never been able to connect ...

I downloaded the Kies software but it's no recognizing my S II. Its still saying "Please connect a device" what do I do?
Prajna Surya wrote:

step one: draw a devil summoning circle step two: summon the devil. step three: offer up virgin blood or yoyr soul whichever you have handy. step four: ask him to fix kies or make it never exist. or you could root your phone. heres the link to another thread that helped me. https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/samsung_galaxy_s2x_shg_t989d_jelly_bean_update
Prajna Surya wrote:

after 3 hours.i sprinkle some holy water on it and said, get to hell outta here!!!
Prajna Surya wrote:

how do i update my s2x to jelly bean. i went on kies and it didnt say anything about update.
Badge +4
Prajna Surya wrote:

Not sure by what you mean by 'went on' Kies. I'm assuming you connected your S2x via usb cable/computer, started Kies and received an error message? Just a quick note, you cannot use Kies Lite or Kies Air to perform the firmware upgrade. Feel free to include more information so that we can assist you further.
Prajna Surya wrote:

To update mine and get it to connect to kies. I had to back up and save all data through usb mass storage. the factory reset my devicebefore kies would connect
Badge +4
Prajna Surya wrote:

Kies in most cases will do all of that for you. However, I've run into many instances where the S2x simply will not connect to Kies. Glad to hear the update was a success and thank you for sharing this workaround.
Prajna Surya wrote:

Pls help me to unlock my phone ( Samsung S2X KOODO)
Prajna Surya wrote:

Pls help me to unlock my phone ( Samsung S2X KOODO)
Prajna Surya wrote:

you need to download updated kies software in your pc. www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware.KIES/JSP#versioninfo select first option Kies and download it. then connet your s2x via cable and launch kies. it will automatically pop up firmware upgradation available. make sure your phone is 100% charged. it takes 15-20 minutes but it works 100%. i did it last night. best of luck.
Get the latest Samsung Kies it should detect your phone and tell you a new version is available.
Badge +4
Brad Veenvliet wrote:

Get the latest Samsung Kies it should detect your phone and tell you a new version is available.

Answered at the same time 🙂
Brad Veenvliet wrote:

I have upgraded to the latest Kies. I am using the USB cable I got with the phone. I have tried different USB ports. I have also done the phoneutil switch. NOTHING HAS WORKED. It's still "Device not supported by KIes 2.0"
Brad Veenvliet wrote:

As long as it's the Samsung Galaxy S2X (SGH-T989D) model it should. It could possibly be an issue with the drivers and the computer misrecognizing the phone. I'd suggest trying to follow the built-in troubleshooter, it ended up helping me when I had that issue (phone not even being seen by Kies on first use)
Brad Veenvliet wrote:

I plug in my phone to do the update and it always says that Kies is not responding when i start to download the firmware.