Koodo Community

Community

android social

How about an android social like the blackberry social add on and have it so you can have your data on but be able to shut it off for any apps you choose not to use data with

6 replies

Userlevel 5
It was easy for Blackberry to control this with previous phones as all data had to go through their servers. Android doesn't work that way. That being said I'm sure theres an app or setting that can do what you're requesting. Apple added it in iOS 7 and while I love my Apple products they do seem to be late to the game adding useful features like that.
Userlevel 2
What koodo can implement other than android social could be free access to most social apps such as facebook and twitter 🙂 It sounds like that is not going to happen 😞 its a coold idea although.
Userlevel 5
Xavier wrote:

What koodo can implement other than android social could be free access to most social apps such ...

Definitely a cool idea but sine the data isn't controlled like how Blackberry data was controlled (Older than BB10), it doesn't work.
Userlevel 5
Xavier wrote:

What koodo can implement other than android social could be free access to most social apps such ...

Yup it's not as simple as you make it sound for Koodo to put these limits in.
Userlevel 6
Considering how much Data Android devices use, it's a good idea though not one that would be easy to implement. There are Apps though that can limit which Apps are allowed to use Data at what times. Personally I've used an App called "Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro" & it has worked well for me--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.batrsaverpro
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you log out of the apps when your done they won't use any data so just get use to logging out if you want only certain things using data. As far as only paying a certain price to use say Facebook an unlimited amount that will never happen IMO.