Koodo Community

Community

Android Maxwest Astro 4.5 - Can't send MMS

Data is on and works fine for internet and maps. Connected to Koodo network with full bars, and it says "4G." I turned wifi off just in case. Tried restarting my phone. Using the native messaging app, and while regular SMS works fine, I can't send an MMS. The settings say MMS is an option, and my picture is almost half of the image size limit in settings. 

I have checked and double checked the Koodo APN settings for Android, and they are all set up properly.

Help!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
I know you said you checked the APN settings but can you post a screenshot of what you have there. Thanks.

Also try clearing the cache and data from the messaging app,.

You can also try downloading a third-party messenger app. I love chompSMS for this over the built in messaging platform.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

I know you said you checked the APN settings but can you post a screenshot of what you have there...

Ive recently switched from ChompSMS to Textra.  They are made by the same company

Ok I dowloaded Texto, and this is now the second 3rd party messaging app I've tried. It just cycles through these green "loading" dots and won't send.

Sara Marie wrote:

Ok I dowloaded Texto, and this is now the second 3rd party messaging app I've tried. It just cycl...

About 10 min later, it finally says it failed to send.
Userlevel 7
Edit your APN and add "MMS"under APN Type. APN Type: default,mms
Chad Burr wrote:

OMG this was it. I spent an hour on the phone today with Koodo customer service. I read all my APN settings out to him, reset the phone to factory default, and re-entered all the APN details all with him on the phone. Arg! Thank-you, kind sir!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you! Happy messaging!
I've also noticed that even though the date & time settings are set to automatically update from the carrier, it's 2 hours off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sara Marie wrote:

I've also noticed that even though the date & time settings are set to automatically update from ...

Do you have both "Auto-date & time" and "Auto-time zone" turned on? If so just turn them off and on again and it should reset it and fix itself.
Sara Marie wrote:

I've also noticed that even though the date & time settings are set to automatically update from ...

Hmmm i've tried this a few times. It's only right if I manually select the time zone.
Userlevel 7
Sara Marie wrote:

Unless you travel frequently, you can just leave it on the manually selected time zone. It won't have a negative impact on anything.