Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Android galaxy ace warranty issue? Temp. phone maybe?

Userlevel 1
I don't have a warranty on my phone any more & I want to get it troubleshooted at a koodo location, if I had to give it up for say a week? Would I get a temporary phone?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can get a free loaner phone if you send the phone from repair at a koodo kiosk. I have to question whether it is worthwhile to repair the galaxy ace though. It will likely cost at least $75 to repair an out of warranty phone. The phone cost $150 new 2 years ago, and you can buy a new moto g, which is a massively better phone, for only $150 on the tab now.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can get a free loaner phone if you send the phone from repair at a koodo kiosk. I have to qu...

I second the moto g!
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can get a free loaner phone if you send the phone from repair at a koodo kiosk. I have to qu...

Thanks. I wasn't aware that it would cost that much to fix what is now a relatively old phone. I'll defiantly think about buying a new phone instead.
Userlevel 7
Unfortunately It depends if there are any loaner phones available at the time, however if there are any available I'm sure they'll be glad to let you have a loaner. But keep in mind the loaners usually aren't very good, well at least for me anyway.
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

Unfortunately It depends if there are any loaner phones available at the time, however if there a...

If you don't mind me asking what loaner phones have you had in the past? Just to get a sense of what I would be dealing with.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Unfortunately It depends if there are any loaner phones available at the time, however if there a...

well this was a while ago, my friend got a really old lg slider phone when his BB broke. I can;t remember the model or anything but don't expect a great loaner phone. Sorry I couldnt give a better example 😞
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

It's all good. Thanks 🙂