Koodo Community

Community

Solved

android 5.0.2 upgrade moto g

By mistake i deleted the notification message preparing my phone for the lollipop upgrade (5.0.2) on my moto g. Can I still get the upgrade? and if so how?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go to settings - scroll down to about device and tap it - tap on check for update and the update message should appear before your eyes. If it doesn't then try turning the phone off and back on and repeating the process laid out above. Let us know if this helped your issue, thanks.
Thank you Paul for your reply. I tried the process a few times and it does not work, It keeps on telling me that the software is up to date. Any other suggestions? thanks
Userlevel 5
Sei . wrote:

Thank you Paul for your reply. I tried the process a few times and it does not work, It keeps ...

Hey Sei . This app: http://koo.do/1vQFpBC should help prepare the update on your Moto G. Let us know if you still need help! Thank you. ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Sei . wrote:

Thank you Paul for your reply. I tried the process a few times and it does not work, It keeps ...

HI Tayeb A I was able to get the upgrade after installing the app as you mentioned. Thanks for your help
Userlevel 5
Sei . wrote:

Anytime Sei . 🙂 Don't hesitate to let us know whenever you need help! Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sei . wrote:

Weird that you received an update notification in the first place if that app wasn't installed hummm
Sei . wrote:

All confusing. I got a notice that it was coming but also deleted it and now device just says it is up to date with 4.4. Didn't say anything about how to get lollipop 5 though. Some sites in the states tell you to download something from Google Play to prepare but not in Canada?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sei . wrote:

Did you download the app now Bob? Did you get the update now Bob?
I did what Paul suggested, a couple days ago, and it did show up in 'system updates'. I did the upgrade and it seemed to work ok. downloaded first, then scheduled the upgrade for some hours later. . .could not find a way to totally avoid the upgrade, once I downloaded it. I was concerned I may not have enough free space, but it worked ok with about 1.7 gb free. now is about 1.5 free so the upgrade used a couple hundred more mb. Once upgraded however, I cannot get a data connection, and can accept calls but cannot make calls. the preferred network type (under cellular networks) now shows only 3g and 2g. Under 'about phone' my phone number shows as unknown. the network state shows as 'disconnected', the cellular network type shows as 'not available.' this seems like a koodo issue, more than a Motorola issue.
Same here Mike Pears. Koodo tech support couldn't fix it over the phone. Said Android is working on the problem. I would not like having to go get my phone reset at a Koodo store.
I have some success. There are a few posts on this with different suggestions. Following one of them, loosely, i switched from 3g to 2g, then rebooted, then switched back to 3g. then the phone buzzed a couple times. The H+ came back. The network is connected. I see data. I can call out. My phone number still doesn't show up in, settings, but that doesn't matter.
Thanks Mike. Well, I bit the bullet and did a 'reset to factory' after another call to customer service, who had no other solutions other than "wait for Motorola to issue an update". l have to reinstall all my added apps, but at least the phone does connect to the network now and work in 3G H+ mode. My phone number does not show up in settings either. I'm not sure if it did in the past; I never looked.
Thank you