Koodo Community

Community

Am i talking to someone from koodo?

About to cancel . worst customer service. Fire eveyone

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless someone has an "employee" tag by their name, then they are not. Is there something that we can help you with what happened? Either to explain or look for a resolution with you? If your intent is to cancel regardless, you will have to call customer support to do a cancel or you can port out if you wish to keep your number.
Goran wrote:

Unless someone has an "employee" tag by their name, then they are not. Is there something that we...

Do you work for koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Unless someone has an "employee" tag by their name, then they are not. Is there something that we...

None of the Mobile master work for Koodo.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you need to cancel you need to call Koodo.
*611 on your koodo cell or 
Dial 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636).Hours of operation (local time):
  • Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm
  • Saturday: 9am - 7pm
  • Sunday: 9am - 7pm
After getting a new phone they changed my plan. I did not approve this action. I will cancel if my plan is not out back to what I had
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

After getting a new phone they changed my plan. I did not approve this action. I will cancel if m...

If you are a new customer I assume you have your paper contract that states your plan.  It should match that on your self serve account.  If it does not match for some reason then there could have been an error.  You will need to speak with Koodo about that
Michael Berkij wrote:

After getting a new phone they changed my plan. I did not approve this action. I will cancel if m...

I have a print out of my plan before I upgraded my phone. It shows what I have . now had. Its simple. Give me back what I had or a cancel
Michael Berkij wrote:

My self service has changed . I lost a great perk. I was grandfathered into it. And now it's gone. It better form back
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

If you want to cancel you need to contact Koodo.

If you had a grandfathered item that was removed in error you will need to contact koodo and they will need to look into your account
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

When you upgrade your phone with a tab from Koodo after being on a grandfathered plan than you need to upgrade your plan as well to one of the new ones.

If you do choose to cancel I believe you have to pay for the days remaining on the first 90 days of your tab. (If you got your phone today, you will have to pay for 3 months of a plan and your remaining tab balance. (3 * monthly rate) + remaining tab balance.)
This is to keep people from buying a phone for a better deal with Koodo's tab and then running away to another phone company. As well, you will be forced to pay for any bonus.gifts that may have been part of your phone. (If you were to recieve a $100.gift card, you will pay $100 for said.gift card instead of getting it for free).
Michael Berkij wrote:

I wanted to stay with koodo. They changed my plan that it I go over data it costs me an arm and a leg . I have a contract that says what my plan has. If they do change it on me well my brother the lawyer will deal with the legal department of koodo. If they do not change my plan I have no issues with them
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

If your new service contract from when you got the new phone has the right plan with it then you are good but if it has a new plan on it then there isn't much you can do to argue it. I would suggest contacting Koodo directly if you need to sort some things out. The cintact options are available below. I would recommend messaging through facebook.
Michael Berkij wrote:

I have not changed my contact. I just got a new phone which I paid for
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

How much were you paying per month before and what tab size did you get? Unless you got a phone on tab small it may have been mandatory for you to switch plans.
Michael Berkij wrote:

What they took away was this. If I go over data I pay $10 a gig. What they changed me to is $5 per 100 megabytes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

When you use all the data for the month you will recieve a text asking if you want to pay the overage fees $5/100MB or you can choose a data add-on (for the new plans it is $20/1GB). Like i stated above, if you got a phone on tab medium or large you pay have been forced to change your plan due to this and you will have to contact Koodo to get this straightened out.
Michael Berkij wrote:

While upgrading I read what I signed . it never stated changing my date plan. I will deal with them tomorrow when I can speak with them directly
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

You are supposed to be able to keep grandfathered plans unless you opt for a tab large. If you did not get a tab large, then you should be able to retain your old plan. You can either send Koodo a private message on Facebook or DM via Twitter or 611 if you insist on speaking with someone over the phone to find out what happened.
Userlevel 1
Michael Berkij wrote:

hello i also had a horrible experience talking slow and with a slur in my words and i got laughed at by everyone there! AND they said case closed we had a talking with them and its been resolved!? they don't care at all  
Michael Berkij wrote:

Koodo customer service is the worst service I have ever had in my life. I swear to God. They lie.... Lie.... Oh and LIE!! Blame me for things they only have control of Not the customer. As for getting to speak to a manager??? Well im still waiting for the call bsck from them. The ignorance they give to customers is disgusting. I hate this company. I had 3 lines with them and they dont give a shit about not one customer. Laughing at a question you ask is how i get my answers. Well after a long week of bs and spoken to like garbage i w*sh i never swiitched to koodo. This is how they treat people they will never get another chance to do so with myself or my familly. Good luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Berkij wrote:

@ Kelly
What's lie?  Maybe it was misinformation or misunderstanding on both side?

We might be able to explain or make suggestion if you tell us what's happened.
If you want, please use this link to start your own post since this is someone else's.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Where did you upgrade your phone Michael? What store, what location?  I still see the $75 4gb plan on  your account, which is what you had for at least the last 3 months.