Koodo Community

Community

Solved

alcatel idol 3 speaker echo after update

i did the last update and double tap works, camera alittle better but echo has started on calls for the other user and it is still there when talking with earpeice or headphone with mic but it gets worse with speaker cant talk at all. i have put my question in another thread but no solution to fix this yet. please ask alcatel to update to fix this issue. check this thread out. https://community.koodomobile.com/koo...

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Riz.

I'm not sure Koodo is able to ask Alcatel to do anything. Have you tried doing a factory reset?
yes i did a factory reset 2 times already, i didnot help please read the above link for other detail info.
Badge +4
riz wrote:

yes i did a factory reset 2 times already, i didnot help please read the above link for other de...

Have you thought about using a Bluetooth earpiece/headset? Another option is a Bluetooth powered speaker with an integrated microphone. It's not a fix, but if these possible solutions eliminate speaker feedback, I'd say it's money well spent. You may be waiting awhile for another Alcatel update that addresses this issue.

http://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-Roadste...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/p...

http://www.amazon.ca/LG-HBS-750-Premi...
riz wrote:

yes i did a factory reset 2 times already, i didnot help please read the above link for other de...

HI, JUst bought an alcatel idol 3 and am having this problem also. I use Jambox via bluetooth speakers on multiple android systems Asus and Nexus 4 included and also with windows, but with the Alcatel phone, a slight distortion is happening, a slight echo consistent with playing in a very large and empty room.With audio books some narrators are difficult to understand.
Userlevel 7
riz wrote:

Look at my suggestion at the bottom of this thread.
is there a way i can go back to the last firmware and it would be easier to wait then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is an update that has just begun to be pushed to the Idol 3 that fixes a bunch of issues so keep an eye out for that. (it's hitting us models at the moment)
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

There is an update that has just begun to be pushed to the Idol 3 that fixes a bunch of issues so...

Any idea if this update fixes the speakerphone issue?  

Is this update downloadable by normal mortals, or do we have to wait until Koodo decides to bless us?

We have three days left on our no hassle return, and we use speakerphone all the time.  This is a showstopper problem for us.  We'll probably return the phone altogether if we can't fix it.
Userlevel 5

There is an update that has just begun to be pushed to the Idol 3 that fixes a bunch of issues so...

Are you having speaker phone issues?

Yes, it's the speakerphone echo that is basically ruining the phone for us.  

We actually own two of these devices.  We bought one for our son to take away to university, but he doesn't use speakerphone much and didn't really notice the issue until we bought a second one for our use.  His is out of the 14 days grace period, but we are still in ours.  So if there's a fix, we're anxious to hear about it.
Userlevel 5

It doesn't affect every Idol 3 , I know mine works fine after the infamous update in question.  Unfortunately there is no way to know when the update we are waiting for will arrive on our devices.   And no place to download it from.

So I guess we return the one still in the grace period and find a different phone ... nuts.  (Nothing else in the price point has 2GB of RAM to my knowledge)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Galaxy S4 has 2gb of ram I believe and it's just $50 more or better yet I'd spend the $100 more and grab the Motorola Moto X Play, I have both it and the idol 3 and the Moto X Play is the best budget phone Koodo offers right now for sure and it's better than the idol 3 in every way except the idol 3 is a little louder with its dual front facing speakers instead of the Moto X Play's single front facing speaker. The camera is way better and takes nearly as good of shots as my Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge do. Trust me in saying it's worth the extra cash and you'll definitely be happy with it. Oh and the Moto X Play has the best looking 1080p display I've ever seen on a smartphone and as you can tell I go through alot of them.

Has anyone heard anything from koodo about any updates coming ?
Userlevel 5
I have to take back what I said in an earlier post about no echo after update 😞 I don't use the speakerphone that much, and now I'm being told that I do have an echo when I call people using speakerphone. Hope we get an update in Canada soon.
We just returned it and got a Moto X Play instead.  Too bad my son is stuck with his with the same problem; we didn't notice i before the 15 day trial was over, and Koodo regards this as "our fault" (i.e., nothing wrong with the phone as far as they are concerned).
Userlevel 7
Just an update on this... I was using my idol 3 to listen to some podcast and was getting an echo as if the people talking were at a live event. Goto settings... Sound and notifications... JBL Turn off JBL Worked for me. Echo gone.