Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Alcatel Idol 3 - Best procedure to purchase at lowest cost

Currently, the Alcatel Idol 3 has a retail price of $312, activation credit of $24 and a tab discount of $288 as per https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/alcatel-idol-3.

Would I be able to sign on for the basic plan and cancel the same day? I'm assuming I would then have to pay the $30 monthly fee and the balance of the tab. Since there is no cancellation fee, would I then be paying $318 + tax?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
No, you cannot Yes, you can cancel the same day, you would at least have to wait until the next billing cycle. Why do you want to cancel right away?

Also, you would need to pay back that activation bonus you received when you cancel. You might as well just pay the phone outright, no tab and call in to cancel. 
I'm currently on pay-as-you-go with Rogers and don't want to be on a monthly plan. It appears Koodo won't sell this phone outright so I was looking for other options. If the activation bonus has to be repaid, then there is no $ to be saved. I might as well look at the other carriers who sell this phone.
Userlevel 7
Larry Abbie wrote:

I'm currently on pay-as-you-go with Rogers and don't want to be on a monthly plan. It appears Koo...

Im.already seeing some on eBay for about half the price but buyer beware and all the typical warnings. Good luck
Can anyone tell me if this phones comes unlocked by default? Or would it be locked to koodo? I am thinking about buying it outright. Thanks 🙂 I will using it on wind for now.
Userlevel 7
Muhammad Bilal wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this phones comes unlocked by default? Or would it be locked to koodo? I am...

It is locked and i haven't had any luck finding an unlock code from any third party.

Your only resource will be Koodo at 35$
Muhammad Bilal wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this phones comes unlocked by default? Or would it be locked to koodo? I am...

Hmmm, would i be able to get an unlock code from koodo store right away witht he purchase of the phone? 
Userlevel 7
Muhammad Bilal wrote:

Since you're thinking of buying it outright, you can request an unlock code right away since you won't have a negative tab. Hope that makes sense 🙂
Muhammad Bilal wrote:

thanks 🙂