Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Airtime classification query/ Alerts

On a perusal of the billing details, I did notice that calls within Canada were classified as long distance and there were no means or alerts readily available to check whether we are within those limits prescribed under the respective plans. The only way is to log in and check the summary.

My understanding of the bill plan adopted is that calls made within the country fall under the $ 40 plan and International calls made pertains to the $ 20 category. But this is not the case in the airtime history. This would mean that the minutes/time spent would have to be reclassified and the tariff applied to the same. Requesting you to check on the airtime from May 27th till date and revert on the query.

Thanks!!

Kesavan

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Im confused about the category.

Calls to canada from canada deduct from your airtime "talk" minutes (unless it is during unlimted evening and weekends)

Calls from canada to international numbers use the same talk minutes plus an additional long distance rate.  If you have an add-on for long distance then it will pull from this bucket of long distance minutes
Let me clarify further: Under the airtime history, the total time has been displayed irrespective of long distance and within Canada, which riases the doubt as to what rate has been applied. Currently as you are aware there is an excess billing issue outstanding, I'm going thru each entry and checking the major ones to see whether the system of billing is correct or are there any further errors.

I feel that many entries may have been wrongly posted and this requires a verification from your side, just to confirm or dispel my doubts on the issue. So requesting a check on airtime history from May 28th till date so that we are clear on the calculation of time used and rate thereon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

Let me clarify further: Under the airtime history, the total time has been displayed irrespective...

Im confused.  What do you expect them to check?

They are going to be opening the same ebill call history (or somthing similar that generated your ebill) to tell you exactly what is on your ebill. 
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

Let me clarify further: Under the airtime history, the total time has been displayed irrespective...

No problem, I did check the details and found that the excess is due to the International calls taken at full rate and not under the $ 20 Add-on and thats the exact figure.

What I wanted them to check was the minutes under each plan ie.. $ 40 would be 500 and the add-on $ 20 would be for 1000. anything in excess would be ofcourse at a different rate. but here it is well within the limts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

Ok so it sounds like you know the issue and it is a case of a billing error.

just to check does the date the $20 add-on was applied include the date and times that the regular long distance rate was charged?
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

Yes, thats when I went thru the bill in detail and saw the calculations.  This add-on was taken at the time of activation and we faced the same problem at the first bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

So I think I understand.  You have always paid for this add-on, but the add-on has never be taken into effect for your long distance calling.  Right?

What is the name of the add-on your ebill?
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

Thats right. It never took effect. The add-on opted for is 1000 Min LD service (India) $ 20.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

By Chance are you in Manitoba?

Also does the first 1000 minutes show as free at all or does your bill charge you for every long distance minute?

A screen shot of the issue (with private info censored) might further your case greatly.  If you can even highlight or circle the key areas that would help speed up things too

Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

I'm located at Alberta. The add-on as explained to me as 1000 minutes for $ 20, anything above that would be at full rate. Please find attached the screenshot of the summary. The highlighted is the add-on and the figure encircled in red is the airtime for the long distance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

In your self serve does it say it is the India $20 add-on?  Maybe the wrong add on was added?

Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

Absolutely..it says 1000 mts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

I think you have to Call koodo back and go through this again and hope they fix it this time
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

Yes, I've filled up the authentication form just now, Hope they will clear this error and reverse the charges.
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

The issue has been resolved by reversing the charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a public customer forum, not a direct line to koodo. We are all customers like yourself. We cannot see your bill. We cannot access your account. We cannot review your usage.
That seems quite different from the first answer I got where a person said that the matter has been brought to the attention of Koodo. Anyway, the priority here is the issue and its resolution, so I'll pursue it thru the right channel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

That seems quite different from the first answer I got where a person said that the matter has be...

Mobile Masters can bring the matter to a rep for Koodo to look into, but the fact remains as Timo said that no one here who's not an employee can access anything about your account.
Kesavan Kaimal wrote:

That seems quite different from the first answer I got where a person said that the matter has be...

We are currently trying to access the account and seeing what best can be done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your issue is that you are being charged both long distance and regular airtimefor making long distance calls, that's because you are supposed to be. Dennis already explained this above, and customer service will tell you the same thing.
The issue here is a wrong rate applied and just a check on the overall billing system for my clarification only. The matter has been brought to the attention of Koodo and we'll take it up from there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This $20 -1000 Minutes Add-on still use your anytime minutes.
You can call India for 1000 minutes with reduced long distance rate of $20. 

If you call India during your unlimited window, then it doesn't use your anytime minutes.
But if you exceed your 500 min, then they will charge you "Minutes overage charge".

From website:
-Get 1000 long distance minutes for your calls from within Canada to India. Anytime minutes apply. An additional long distance rate of 2¢/min applies when 1000 minutes are exceeded.
As explained to me there is a base rate and an add-on and both have limits. Here the issue is the international calls have been applied at a different rate ie.. 50 cents per minute instead of the $ 20 add-on, This is the second time its happening. My calls to India are after 7 PM and hence fall outside the prime time.