Koodo Community

Community

Solved

After an update, my phone can't send/receive texts

My phone is the Oneplus One (Android). This morning I installed an update for my phone, and ever since the update, I am unable to send or receive any text messages. Whenever I try to send a text message using any messaging app, I get stuck on a "loading conversations" screen that never goes away. When I try to send a message, my phone freezes and then crashes. Since the problem is happening with every messaging app, I figured that the problem lies within my phone's settings. The update probably screwed the settings up, which is preventing me from sending/receiving texts. Does anyone know which setting(s) are causing this problem and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Go into your settings and choose apps Clear the cache and days from the messaging app Restart your device
Chad Burr wrote:

Go into your settings and choose apps Clear the cache and days from the messaging app Resta...

I've cleared the cache and data from all messaging apps, but nothing happened.
I don't have data, but I have a monthly $15 messaging base plan. I can provide any other information that you need to know to resolve this issue
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Go into your settings and choose apps Clear the cache and days from the messaging app Resta...

You're not going to like this but I'd recommend a factory reset. It's possible something just didn't update correctly. Try going to Settings... Backup and reset... Factory reset. Warning: Doing this restores your one plus to a factory fresh condition. You will loose anything that isn't backed up.