Koodo Community

Community

Solved

activation steps?

I'm new to cellphones and I just got my first plan with Koodo (the phone is on its way to me, a samsung galaxy ace 2). I was just wondering what the specific steps are during activation by phone, as in what are all the things they will ask of you during activation? You see, I have extreme social anxiety and am very uncomfortable talking to people, so I just want to be as prepared as possible and knowing exactly what will be asked will help calm me down as less will be unknown. Ideally I would have preferred to do this online, but I see that online activation is no longer available, is this true?
icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 3 September 2013, 04:11

Yes you'll have to call in to activate unfortunately. They'll just ask you your name, date of birth, address, what area code you want and if the # they choose for you is good , they'll need your drivers license # to do a credit check, oh and your email address and I think that's it from what I remember. Try not to worry about it too much it's a very easy process and hey if you make a mistake don't worry you'll never meet to person or ever talk to them again anyways right 😉 welcome to Koodo hope you enjoy the service as much as I have. Have a great night Sheldon.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you'll have to call in to activate unfortunately. They'll just ask you your name, date of birth, address, what area code you want and if the # they choose for you is good , they'll need your drivers license # to do a credit check, oh and your email address and I think that's it from what I remember. Try not to worry about it too much it's a very easy process and hey if you make a mistake don't worry you'll never meet to person or ever talk to them again anyways right 😉 welcome to Koodo hope you enjoy the service as much as I have. Have a great night Sheldon.