Koodo Community

Community

Solved

activating new phone on my prepaid account

ok..someone plz help..i have an old samsung discover on koodo prepaid..i bought an s3 and want to activate the s3 on my prepaid account and keep my same number

6 replies

Userlevel 7
All you need to do put your SIM from your old phone to the new one. If its not the same size you'll need a new prepaid SIM but you can easily transfer your service to the new SIM via self serve.
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

All you need to do put your SIM from your old phone to the new one. If its not the same size you'...

Or you can cut the old SIM to size. It's a bit risky, but if it works you'll save yourself $20. If it doesn't work, well, you were going to get a new SIM anyway. EDIT: Stupid Image html not working. I found instructions here: http://nybblesbytes.blogspot.ca/2014/07/mini-sim-to-micro-sim.html#!/2014/07/mini-sim-to-micro-sim.html
Chad Burr wrote:

All you need to do put your SIM from your old phone to the new one. If its not the same size you'...

I had to buy a micro sim for the new phone
Ok thanx..ive gone into prepaid self serve..but the only option i found was activate new phone..but i have to fill out all the information again like im creating a new account...is that the right place to do it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Harry Pearce wrote:

Ok thanx..ive gone into prepaid self serve..but the only option i found was activate new phone..b...

Hi Harry, Did you buy a new SIM card? After that you'll need to log into self service using this link: https://prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com/ Then click the tab "Base Plan & Boosters", then "Change SIM Card". Enter the number that is on the back of your new SIM card there and it will be registered with Koodo with your old account and your number 🙂 Then insert it in your new phone - DONE 😃
Harry Pearce wrote:

Ok thanx..ive gone into prepaid self serve..but the only option i found was activate new phone..b...

Ohhh ok..didnt even try that..thanx so much 🙂