Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activate new phone

Ordered a phone to add it to my current account (for my sister) got the phone today. I did not receive anything with her number and i dont see anything added in my self serve account ? I thought this would have been all set up when i ordered it online??

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Crystal, 

Don't you have something to activate your account in the box?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Crystal, instructions similar to the below should have been in the box. 

Will the phone number be on the sim card then?? I did not receive any emails at all.
I will give this a try in a few minutes. Im still unclear how her plan will add to my account
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crystal anderson wrote:

I will give this a try in a few minutes. Im still unclear how her plan will add to my account

When you added a line to your account did you not add a plan? 
crystal anderson wrote:

Yes i did add a plan. It still does not show on my account thats why im confused by all of this. I chose the phone picked add a line then picked add a plan and chose the plan i wanted. The plan shows on the phone confirmation for shipping
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crystal anderson wrote:

You have to lines on your account. Which plan did you add? Once you go through the steps everything should be alright. 
crystal anderson wrote:

I added a 3rd line. The paper also list a phone number with the incorrect area code. Im thinking i can change it in the self serve. It also did not come with the welcome letter or contract for the plan
crystal anderson wrote:

Called and they said i can add the 3rd phone onto my account online yet i cannot find where.... When i follow the instructions above it wants me to change my current phone which i do not want to do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crystal anderson wrote:

Can you pls tell me your order number Crystal? I want the team to look at it and ensure the phone was activated. 
crystal anderson wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crystal anderson wrote:

Hi Crystal - I've just looked into the account and think I understand the issue now.
I see a line ending in 10 that was the original number on your account.
The line ending in 15 was just activated a few days ago as per your order.
The third line cannot be activated yet because you have a past due balance that's been carried over for a while now. Until the outstanding balance is cleared, the third line can't be activated.

You'll need to get this cleared relatively soon to figure out the situation with the third phone. If you don't think you'll be able to clear this up within the next few days, I'd recommend cancelling the order for the third phone and sending it back.
crystal anderson wrote:

Actually my bill is not passed due. It is paid. Next bill is due the 12th. It was paid with a cresit card today. The 627 0510 and 627 0515 have been on the account for awhile now
crystal anderson wrote:

Now how do i go about adding the 3rd line
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crystal anderson wrote:

Thanks Crystal - I see that the past due was processed today, but that's the reason the line was not activated when the order was processed. I've shared this info. with the web store team and will find out next steps for you. Likely will not have more info. until tomorrow. 
crystal anderson wrote:

Am i able to just activate it at my store
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crystal anderson wrote:

I would suggest holding off to avoid any complications, Crystal. This should get sorted by tomorrow as the payment is now posted. I'll follow-up with the team when they're back in the office in the morning. 
crystal anderson wrote:

thanks for all of you help. i certainly appreciate it.  I am hoping this is all resolved tomorrow 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
crystal anderson wrote:

Hi Crystal - confirming that the third line was activated early this afternoon and you should have received an email with all the relevant information. Let us know if you still have any questions or need help with anything else!
crystal anderson wrote:

I got the email and a phone call. Thanks for evrrything
This is all i got i have no other information
Also it was supposed to be an 807 area code but was given. 519 area code