Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Acer Liquid Z220 can't send texts, but can receive texts and call

I bought the phone on May 10th. I didn't buy the sim card until the 16th. Activated the pre-paid plan on the the 18th. I tested by texting someone, and it worked until 10:27pm on the same day. After that I couldn't send out any more texts. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Heather! Try pulling out battery and SIM, if this doesn't work you will have to call customer service for troubleshooting, Toll free number is 1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your phone
HippieLongstocking wrote:

Hey Heather! Try pulling out battery and SIM, if this doesn't work you will have to call custo...

I tried that several times and it didn't work. I also called the customer service number, but it said that you needed to pay $5 to talk to the people...
Userlevel 5

Hey Heather! Try pulling out battery and SIM, if this doesn't work you will have to call custo...

only if they need to make changes to the account, technical support is free

How do you get technical support?
Userlevel 5

the number above 🙂

(I'm sorry I must sound really dumb and annoying ;w;) If I call the number, first I'd get to pick the language of the service right? I press one. Then I will pick the existing customer option which is also one. I would then key in my current phone number, and the last option to talk to someone about it would cost 5 dollars. I'm trying to find the free technical support that you mentioned, but I don't know how to get there with that phone number.

Or is it that I select the last option to talk to someone and they won't charge my five bucks unless I ask them to make changes to my account?
Userlevel 5

just call customer service wait til you get a rep and request technical support. They charge $5 to the account only if you need to make changes to the account like changing your phone number or topping up as you can do that on self serve yourself, they don't charge you for asking a question or for help, its very misleading just ignore it.

Ohhh. Thank you!

go to settings - select apps - go to all - select messaging -  select clear data - select force stop - select ok. Try sending SMS again.

Kel's suggestion worked in my case. Thanks 🙂