Koodo Community
Question

Accessing voice messages on lost phone

My husband lost his phone, but wants to check if there are any important voice mail messages on it that he needs to reply to. How do we do this?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
You could dial your husband number (the lost number). When you reach the voicemail, hit the (*) on the keyboard, it would ask you the passcode of the voicemail and you/your husband can access the voicemail on that number.

Also, you might want to report the phone/SIM as lost/stolen to avoid accidental charges https://www.koodomobile.com/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone
hi - thank for replying - yes, we did that - he doesn't have a passcode, and the phone refuses to let us in. We have suspended the phone as well ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think every voicemail had password (when you initiated the voicemail). You could try to reset the password of the voicemail in your selfserve. Go to selfserve >>> Mobile service >>> Voicemail >>> Reset password.

You could also get a new SIM from a Koodo kiosk and then setup the number again.
okay, I changed his password, yet when I call in it says it's invalid ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
okay, I changed his password, yet when I call in it says it's invalid ...

It might be the issues when the number was temporary suspended. I think you need to get a new SIM and reactivate the service to access the voicemail.
yes, I think he's going to get a new phone and Sim card - but not for a few days, and in the mean time needs to check his messages on his old phone ... thanks for trying to help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could try to "unsuspend" his phone service in your selfserve and see if you can access the voicemail.
i did unsuspend his phone - it told me to restart the phone - which I obviously cannot do ... and I tried to access the voice mail and its still saying invalid entry ....
I went back in and did another reset of his password - and this time when I called his phone it allowed me to access the voice mail .... thanks for your time and help - appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you call his number and leave a voicemail?. In which situation "the "invalid entry" showed up? was it because you entered the wrong passcode or the voicemail wasn't there?
it worked - we had called it earlier and left a message - and this time when I tried to access the messages it allowed me in with another new password (which I had to change on the phone) and it took me to his voicemail message 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Glad that it worked out for you 😃