Koodo Community
Question

Access voicemail from a different phone without knowing the password

• 7 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m out of the country and I want to check my voicemail messages without being charged roaming fees. But I have no idea what my voicemail password is. I didn’t know I had voicemail password until now.

Is there anyway to find out what my voicemail password is without using  my phone? Or reset this password online?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The voicemail reset function was available in selfserve before. I tried to find it but I couldn’t see it. I guessed they have removed it.

If you are oversea, you could contact Koodo via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo (or twitter), a rep should be able to help you reset the password there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A simple “Reset voicemail password” in Koood’s assistant gave out this answer

You can reset your password by accessing your voicemail, then entering any random 4 digits when asked to key in your password. This will give you the option to request a password reset.

If you're still not sure, click the "Show me how" button below for step-by-step instructions

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can reset your password by accessing your voicemail, then entering any random 4 digits when asked to key in your password. This will give you the option to request a password reset.

If you're still not sure, click the "Show me how" button below for step-by-step instructions

He was out of the country and didn't want any roaming charges, so no voicemail calling from his phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

He was out of the country and didn't want any roaming charges, so no voicemail calling from his phone. 

Can’t you call from any phone and do that @Dinh ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can’t you call from any phone and do that @Dinh ?

@Robert T: You can’t access your voicemail from another phone without the password….

In the Koodo voicemail link  https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voicemail, they told you, you need a password (which users don’t have)

“ From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your area code plus your phone number, press the * key, enter your password, and follow the prompts

Basically, the bot instruction  is applicable if you call from your phone… (which the OP didn’t want to use).