Koodo Community

Community

Solved

About to throw my phone

Hi can anyone help me with deleting whole music albums off my Motor G cell phone instead of doing it song by song? I wasn't given a guide for this phone and it's my first one.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What app are you using as your music player app?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

the one that came with it Google play Music is the app it gave me
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I've tried going into the setting as it told me then it said to find trash and then that would lead me to deleting the songs off my phone for good. But there was no trash button in the settings, that's why I'm getting mad and wanting to throw my phone across the room.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are going to dispose of your phone, just complete a factory reset. This will wipe your entire phone. Settings>backup & reset > factory data reset
Dennis wrote:

If you are going to dispose of your phone, just complete a factory reset. This will wipe your ent...

I just getting upset with it I don't want to dispose of it I just want it to do what I want it to do and I can't find anywhere to help me with what I want to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you upload your music to your phone? If you used Google Music itself, chances are the files are not on your phone at all but "in the cloud". If that is the case, refer to this guide how to delete music: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1260049?hl=en-CA Don't throw your phone, it will hurt you a lot more than the phone in the end, especially in your wallet 🙂
Sophia wrote:

How did you upload your music to your phone? If you used Google Music itself, chances are the fil...

ok if it's not in my phone how do I delete from the cloud then? I've gone to the sit you posted and it wasn't any help I don't have a trash button in the settings of the music app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you downloaded it to your phone via Google play music, delete the app and reinstall it. I think it may solve your problem.
Robert wrote:

If you downloaded it to your phone via Google play music, delete the app and reinstall it. I thin...

It won't let me uninstall the app, it will let me uninstall the updates ty I've also tried that too.
I uploaded my music for my computer and now only a few of them I am able to listen to and that's another thing I'm having trouble with. Is getting my phone to play the music that I've downloaded and ya I know if I throw it it will hurt me that's why I'm asking for help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aline Ally Larose Savor wrote:

I uploaded my music for my computer and now only a few of them I am able to listen to and that's ...

I can't really help you with the problem itself (sorry!) because I haven't downloaded any music to my Moto G. However this may help, here is a link to the Moto G user guide. It's a PDF that you can download if you wish.
Aline Ally Larose Savor wrote:

I uploaded my music for my computer and now only a few of them I am able to listen to and that's ...

ty was looking for that as well
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Download a 3rd party file manager from the PlayStore like the one I use called "PowerGrasp", then use it to locate the files you've placed on the devices storage and there you will have an option to delete the ones you wish to. As far as music files not playing try using a 3rd party music player app from the Playstore that may read the type of file the other will not. I use a player called "Rocket Music Player" from the PlayStore and I've never had an issue plying any songs ever.