Koodo Community

Community

A nice deal for the folks who want/need/search an unexpensive phone!

Userlevel 6
It probably interests no one, but here you go. If some of you are looking for a temporary/replacement/toy/backup phone to use with Koodo, be aware that the LG Optimus One (popular in 2010 and some of 2011) is $58 on Koodo Prepaid at WalMart (the one in Sherbrooke at least). I went there today and they had 3 left. Your local WM might have some stock too, so it might be interesting if you're looking to get mobility on the cheap without going on a tab. The O1 was my first Koodo phone, and it was a decent entry handset!

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Wow... just re-read my post and noticed it: inexpensive! not unexpensive, sorry for the mistake guys.
Userlevel 7
Any Madisons or LG A341s for cheap? I don't deal with prepaid but I could do COAM activations and advertise the 10% off Tab plans for them... 🙂
Userlevel 6
There were A341s, but they were the same price as Koodo's website (probably because that model is still being sold *officially* by Koodo). The one that jumped in your face the most was the Optimus One at $58, I almost picked one up just for the heck of it, but then reached for my pocket and fondled my Nexus4.......while my i747 and i9250 were charging at home. And I need to plug in the i9020A while I think about it...
Userlevel 7
Excuse me, what did you do to your Nexus 4 again? This is a family friendly forum, sir. That is inappropriate.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Excuse me, what did you do to your Nexus 4 again? This is a family friendly forum, sir. That is i...

We need to remember we're talking about a phone Jonathan... nothing more, a phone. No need to get your radar up. EDIT: Well, might not have been the best choice of words, lol! English ain't my 1st language, so I thought fondling meant "petting", like you pet your dog/cat. I looked it up and realized what it meant, so replace with petting. Happy now?
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Excuse me, what did you do to your Nexus 4 again? This is a family friendly forum, sir. That is i...

I was kidding, actually... considering there's 2 threads with swearing in their titles on the main page haha
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Shame on me for not getting the sarcasm, lol! Faith restored :oP
Userlevel 7
They were gone from Sherbrooke Walmart when I went Sunday. 😞
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

They were gone from Sherbrooke Walmart when I went Sunday. :-(

I went Saturday morning, at 9AM. They had 3. They must have disappeared at $58... Did you see the price tag still on the shelf?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Was it in shelf or the koodo prepaid endcap.? The endcap had none. (the one with fido on the back)
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

That's the one. At about knee height, there are hooks on a pegboard. There were 3 Optimus Ones and a couple LG A341. I need to go back tonight and will try to take a pic.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

All I saw was filled with Samsung Galaxy Ace and Optimus l3
Userlevel 6