Koodo Community

Community

Solved

A GS2 X JellyBean upgrade how to request.

I just got the S2X right out of the box. How do I upgrade the phone to jellybean. I can't seem to find any step by step instructions. I'm connected to kies air through my work computer browser and nothing comes up for upgrade and I don't see a search for upgrades in any of the phone menus.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What version is the phone running right now? Have you tried connecting the phone to KIES through a USB connection to your PC? Also make sure you've downloaded the most recent version of KIES.
I haven't done it through USB yet but Kies is up to date. The version I have is.....4.0.4 Build number = IMM76D.TLLG2
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JoelSmith wrote:

I haven't done it through USB yet but Kies is up to date. The version I have is.....4.0.4 Build...

I'd definitely try through a USB connection, that's the only way a I've seen it done so far.
When I hook my phone up to kies it says under firmware not available I have s2x as well
Paul Moffatt wrote:

When I hook my phone up to kies it says under firmware not available I have s2x as well

I am getting the same problem - it is saying that there are no updates available, but I know I have not upgraded to Jelly Bean yet
Userlevel 2
Paul Moffatt wrote:

Hey David! Were you able to do the update?