Koodo Community

Community

Solved

A good & reliable Android phone?

Userlevel 1
In response to Shelley Whalen on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152289546883102&id=14750623101 does anybody have any suggestions on a good reliable Android that's reasonably priced? And that is a NORMAL size!!!

17 replies

Userlevel 1
I've heard good things about the Ace 2x. And you can't go wrong with the Nexus4 (although I have a feeling you might find it a little big), but it is a great phone you might want to try getting used to the size for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depends what you want it to be capable of. Ace 2x S2x Nexus 4 S4 mini
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do You define as normal sized? Note that even sometimes the most reliable phone has software or hardware issues. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

What do You define as normal sized? Note that even sometimes the most reliable phone has softwar...

That is so true ! But there is always solution too 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Nexus 4 if your looking for something from Koodo. If you want the best phone in my opinion for a smaller sized Android device in general then I would highly recommend the Motorola Moto X, the display is 4.7" but the actual size of the phone is about the same size as the iPhone 5. The moto X is quite a bit pricier than the Nexus 4 but the size is much smaller overall even though they have the same sized display. I wouldnt recommend getting any low priced Android phones with the exception of the Nexus 4 or soon to be released Nexus 5, you can run into issues with the lower priced Android devices due to their lower specs.
Userlevel 7
The S4 mini would be a good choice if you're looking for good hardware in a smaller package.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

The S4 mini would be a good choice if you're looking for good hardware in a smaller package.

Completely forgot koodo carries the S4 mini now, another great option
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

I left out everything more expensive than the N4 cos OP asked for "reasonably priced".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

If you want something iPhone sized the Mini is perfect. I have both phones in my hands right now... hehe
Jonathan I wrote:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your help! Currently I have the original Samsung Galaxy Ace, which I did like, but it is definitely time for an upgrade! My packet data goes in & out ALL the time which is NOT cool, because I use the internet quite frequently. Plus, the service reception is not as good as the newer Android phones. I'm looking to go through koodo to get the new one. Basically I would like one that has the micro sd card slot, a good camera, I like the Samsung swype feature if that still exists, I'd like a head set to talk & listen with, decent volume for talking & music, one where the packet data & reception is good, but especially one that will fit in the palm of my hands, just like the original ace. I only browse the internet so I don't need one that does a bunch of things or that has all the bells & whistles. I like Samsung, LG & Motorola, but koodo seems somewhat limited in what they carry. Does anyone have any more suggestions? Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

The Nexus line. Reliable, unlocked and always decently pricecd.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

The nexus 4 has no sd slot though.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

For 16Gb, you don't really need an SD slot 😛.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Another vote for the N4 from me. If it's too big, I'd recommend the Galaxy S4 Mini. I don't recommend the Ace 2X, or any other Android phone with less than 1 GB of RAM.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Definitely agree about the ram. My Nexus S has 350 mb of ram and at least 250 is always in use, leaving me about 100 mb to spare, causing my phone to be slow at times, depending on what I'm running.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Yeah the Nexus S is painfully slow and IMO they should have left it on ICS, when it went to JB I couldn't take it & had to upgrade. So glad the Nexus 4 has really turned things around and set up the Nexus 5 to be something awesome.
Nexus 4, best bang for your bucks! 🙂