Koodo Community

a few issues but more questions

• 6 September 2019
  • 1 reply

2 days ago my SG9 arrived, so far I don't hate it, but I also don't love it. Most of not liking it is due to coming from Iphone and now learning this new one so I get that. BUT.....a few things I want to know is 1) I want to have a different tone for text and notifications but I can't seem to be smart enough to figure out how to do that. I have a motion alarm that is constantly going off but because its the same tone as my texts i am ignoring my texts.....I need it to be different ....2) under messages it says "Emergency Alerts" and the slide option but it doesn't slide, it is sitting at off and cannot be moved to on. That can't be right, right?...3) when i tried to change the ringtone a message came up that said something about not being able to do that while on a call, I wasn't on a call, the only way to fix it was to reboot .....I think I might send this back and go back to my iphone but I wanna give this one my best shot. Help me to love it, there are definitely some things I love about it but there are things I don't hate (yet) but just can't figure out

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go into the phones settings menu and under sound you'll have options to change the tones. You can also set up a different one for a different contact but that's in dialer or messenger settings. Imo the best bang for your buck phone is the S9 so hang in there it's worth learning the new UI