Koodo Community

Community

Solved

A Couple of Issues.

Userlevel 1
Good Afternoon. I'm looking for some assistance to help me solve a couple of issues that my wife is having with her phone. 

Phone Details:
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

1) The phone receives texts fine and sounds a notification when it does. As for receiving Picture Texts, (MMS) two things happen. 1) The MMS is received, but there is no sound notification. 2) The picture needs to be manually downloaded, with Mobile Data activated. It will not download over WiFi.

Any suggestions on how to activate a sound notification and have an automatic download take place?

2) Emails are received fine. However, if there is an attachment, it cannot be opened. A notification stating that POLARIS Office Viewer 5 needs to be downloaded. 

Is there a fix that doesn't require additional apps being loaded?

Would updating the OS be a solution?

Thanks in advance to those that reply.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MMS messages require a cellular data connection. They cannot be received over wifi.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the confirmation. Do you have any suggestions for the other issues?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
flyersfan wrote:

No you will need to download the app it states to read the file your trying to open unfortunately. You can download the app over wifi if you don't want to download it because you think it would use your Koodo data to do so. I believe it's just a pdf reader that it wants you to download so if the one your specified costs money then try downloading any free pdf reader such as adobe's
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
flyersfan wrote:

It may also be a Microsoft Office compatible file the emailer has sent you. Depending on the type of file, different viewers may be needed (.doc, .xls, etc.)

Badge +4
Kit Kat 4.4.2 is the latest version of Android for the Galaxy S4 Mini. There are no further OS updates for this device.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

Kit Kat 4.4.2 is the latest version of Android for the Galaxy S4 Mini. There are no further OS up...

The phone won't support Lolipop and up?
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Kit Kat 4.4.2 is the latest version of Android for the Galaxy S4 Mini. There are no further OS up...

The phone may be capable of supporting Lollipop, it's just that Samsung no longer supports the S4 Mini in terms of Android updates. The last official update was back in September 2015. http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SGH-I257M/KDO/