Koodo Community

Community

Solved

9-digit account number

I need the 9-digit account number, but the Agreement I was sent has an 8-digit account number. I am trying to call customer service but I've been on hold for 1h30min...

Is there an easier way to do this? It seems a bit impractical to be issued 8-digit account numbers when some companies request the 9-digit version...

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh they require a 9 digit? In that case fire off a private message to Koodo on Facebook requesting it. Koodo has to convert the account number to a 9 digit one and then it can send it to you. It will likely take a day or two to hear back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"It seems a bit impractical to be issued 8-digit account numbers when some companies request the 9-digit version..."

Yeah, but for all other banks for whom the 8-digit number works, the 9 digits required by ATB would create problems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

"It seems a bit impractical to be issued 8-digit account numbers when some companies request the ...

"Some companies" is also overstating it, as to my knowledge it is [i]only ATB that requires 9 digits.
David wrote:

"It seems a bit impractical to be issued 8-digit account numbers when some companies request the ...

ya i been trying to get my phone unlock but they are to busy . dealing with other costomer  canceling their acct
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

If you're using anything but an iPhone you can unlock it via self serve without ever spending a minute on the phone.
David wrote:

i have a blackberry 10 they say it hard to unlock you know anybody
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

This thread isn't related to unlocking. It's not at all hard to unlock. The going rate is in the range of 10 dollars. Check third party unlockers like highly rated ones on eBay.
David wrote:

I have the same problem with atb financial i need a 9 digit account number. I have tried to contact koodo with little success they have not eplied and i find this very frustrating. I am new to koodo and am not impressed with their service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Customer service is still backed up from the fallout of the big data promotion last week. If you sent them a message via facebook, they will get to it in the order it was received, and you can continue doing your own thing in the meantime, with no fear that you will miss a callback when it comes in, even though it may take a day or two. If you absolutely must have a quicker answer, you can always call and wait on hold. It may still take a couple of hours (depending what time of day you call) but it is still quicker than a couple of days. The trade off is that you're stuck sitting by the phone listening to hold music until you get through.