Koodo Community

Community

Solved

4g icon does not appear on phone

I recently traded in my old LG phone for a Samsung Ace II. I have data with my phone plan but have not been able to access the internet using data only via Wi-fi. The 4g icon does not appear on when I try to access the internet. Since I just bought this phone is there a setting that I need to turn on?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Check the APN and make sure it's set to Koodo's settings. https://www.google.com/url?q=http://koodomobile.com/en/ab/non-koodo-phone-data-setup.shtml&sa=U&ei=oiiAUqyCGaigyAGN8oHIBw&ved=0CAcQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFwmYkLgwwMPfVTz3cMg8YNGpAdZA
The APN settings are set to Koodo. I bought the phone at a Koodo kiosk. They transfered all my contacts for me and everything was good to go. It wasnt until the next day that I realized the 4g wouldnt turn on.
Userlevel 7
settings...wireless and networks...more...mobile networks...use packet data / enable data. Also drag the notification bar down from the top of the screen and make sure you haven't accidentally deactivated data from the quick settings on top.
Userlevel 7
If none of those work, try pulling out the battery and SIM card from the phone for about a minute and put everything back together. Sometimes it needs a forced disconnect like that to restablish the network again. If it's still not working after that, could data actually be blocked on your account? I would call them and see what's going on. I know you say you have a data plan but it could have been leftover from your old phone.
Still can not turn on my data. The option to use packet data/ enable data does not appear in the mobile network tab. There is a box for mobile data which I can checked but still no data. I went back to the Koodo kiosk where I bought the phone and they said that I have to call customer service to resolve this. Is that the case or is there something else I'm not doing right?
Userlevel 7
Timothy White wrote:

Still can not turn on my data. The option to use packet data/ enable data does not appear in the ...

Ohhh that's not cool they should have tried to help you. Under apn settings make sure koodo is the only apn listed