Koodo Community

Community

Solved

4.1 Update For Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X

it need to be smooth

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Come on that's not even a question ask a question that's what this forum us for.
i am just wondering when it will be out ;/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When Samsung pushes it out. to get your answer quicker next time use the search box in the top right corner of the screen to see if your question has already been asked. In this case it's been asked a ton of times and the answer is as I said and everyone else will say soon be patient. You will have to update through Kies So keep hooking your phone up to your pc Through Kies Software and see.
nice but how about if you have a custom recovery hmmm ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dawood wrote:

nice but how about if you have a custom recovery hmmm ?

If your on a custom ROM then you have to put it back to the stock ROM to be able to update or to check Kies for the update. Other than that keep an eye on Mobile syrup or Team Android Canada online sites and those will report the update as soon as it gets rolled out from Samsung.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a custom recovery, you won't get any OTA updates. However if you are that familiar with Android, nothing should prevent you from updating now, to CyanogenMod or something 🙂 Oh wait I see Kid mentioned Kies... I guess you can still update using Kies (sorry didn't know there aren't any OTA updates with the Ace 2x)
Userlevel 4
Then you won't be able to. You'll have to update the phone manually yourself. I believe only Koodo mod phones can get the Koodo update through Kies... can anyone else back me up on this? Or am I crazy...
Badge +4
Dawood is running a rooted Ace 2x with a custom recovery, not a custom ROM, two completely different animals. An official stock Jelly Bean upgrade would wipe the custom recovery replacing it with the stock Android recovery utility. Root privileges would be lost and the device would have to be re-rooted and the custom recovery re-flashed. That is, if the Ace 2x even gets the JB 4.1 upgrade. It's said that the Ace 2x lacks the memory and processing power for the JB 4.1 upgrade. The ROM he's using is stock and the Ace 2x is OTA capable.