Koodo Community

Community

Solved

4.1 Update And Kies

Wasup Peps Ok So I Have The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2X (GT-S7560M) And Currently Is Rooted But Default Rom With A Custom Recovery It Is On Android 4.0.4 (ICS) And There Is Some Rumors Saying That It Will Get 4.1 (Jellybean) But There Is No OTA Updates Only Update Via Kies So My Question Is If A Update Is Going To Be Pushed By Samsung Will I Still Be Able To Update It Throw Kies To 4.1 Even Tho I Have A Custom Recovery ? I Really Did Not Enjoy Root That Is The Only Reason I Want To Remove It By Updating So Please Tell Me Thanks 😃 Please Take A Look At The Image Below

14 replies

Userlevel 7
cLEARLY yOU wILL nEED tO rEVERT bACK tO sTOCK tO uSE kIeS
Chad Burr wrote:

cLEARLY yOU wILL nEED tO rEVERT bACK tO sTOCK tO uSE kIeS

i am on stock but it is only the recovery that is custom !
Userlevel 7
however if you're already rooted you can get jb now via a number of custom roms like liquid smooth or Cyanogenmod.
Chad Burr wrote:

however if you're already rooted you can get jb now via a number of custom roms like liquid smoot...

Do you have yours with Custom firmware?
hey thx for the feedback but i am on stock just the recovery is custom even thought when i had my phone unrooted and with stock recovery kies would still say firmware upgrade is not available for your phone because in the pictures you can see my firmware number is koodo official so ...
Badge +4
The Ace 2x has the feature to update OTA, Kies is not required. I haven't heard of an official JB (Jelly Bean) update for the Ace 2x from Samsung/Koodo yet. Some have rumoured that the Ace 2x won't be able to handle the JB upgrade as the Ace 2x lacks in memory and processing power. If it becomes available, the JB update will more than likely remove root privileges. To check OTA update status (preferably over Wi-Fi, not over Data) go to Settings > About phone > Software updates tap on Software updates, then check to see if there are any updates - there probably won't be any. If you're a little more adventurous and want to try out JB on the Ace 2x, you might want to take Chad's suggestion and try a custom ROM. Make a couple of nandroid back ups of your stock ROM. This way you can revert back to stock if you run into problems. MD5 mismatch errors are a pain, so if you can revert to more than one backup copy, the better. At this point, forget Kies and look for Odin.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Like Rikkster said the Galaxy Ace 2x has been said by some including myself that it will not be updated to JB officially. There is a huge difference in the Galaxy Ace 2 & the Galaxy Ace 2x with the former running a dual core processor and 1gb of RAM where the latter runs a single core processor and only 768mb of RAM. The Galaxy Ace 2x has basically the exact same hardware specs as the Nexus S & the Nexus S runs like garbage on 4.1 JB, and which is why I think Google stopped updating the Nexus S at 4.1 The main reason you will not see Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Ace 2x is that it only has 4gb of internal storage & with JB you can't move Apps/Games to the SD CARD. Then of that 4gb of internal storage you have to fit the OS files which take up almost 1gb usually which leaves you with 3gb for all your apps and games With that said I can pretty much guarantee that the Galaxy Ace 2x will never be updated to Jelly Bean. The only reason it has a icon in the settings for checking for OTA updates is just incase there were issues with the OS on ICS 4.0.4 they could push an OTA update out to fix those issues, it was never meant to be updated beyond the full Android version it was sold with (Android 4.0.4)
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Like Rikkster said the Galaxy Ace 2x has been said by some including myself that it will not be u...

thank's man very helpful but i need to remove the root but where in the world i can find the official 4.0.4 (ICS) koodo rom so i can flash it and go back official this is why i am i am asking ? any help finding the rom so i can flash it with odin
For the people with the phone and custom roms, would you mind pointing me to where I could find Jelly Bean roms for Galaxy Ace II X?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris S wrote:

For the people with the phone and custom roms, would you mind pointing me to where I could find J...

A great place to check in Xda developers website, you can find just about anything there
Chris S wrote:

For the people with the phone and custom roms, would you mind pointing me to where I could find J...

I've checked that site because I used it non stop for my Galaxy Ace, but after searching all day I haven't been able to find anything for the Galaxy Ace II X specifically
Chris S wrote:

This is the only custom ROM I've found for the 7560M: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2292696 I'm sure the Ace2x can run JB perfectly hardward-wise... I flashed Cyanogenmod 10.1 (JB 4.2.2 ) on my old old old Galaxy Ace and it works perfectly, much much better than GB 2.3.4... The issue with the Ace2x is that it doesn't seem that popular outside Canada, so not much visibility/motivatyion with XDA devs to work on roms/kernels - as opposed to the S2x, which is exactly the same as the US T-Mobile S2, very very popular in US... too bad for the ace2x, could be a great little device without the Samsung crap slowing it down to a crawl. ANother option is to just root it and manually remove bloatware from /system/app, there's a list of bloats safe to remove on XDA if you search a little... won'T give you a tweaked kernel and other gadgets but at list you won't have a bunch of useleff ressource hog process running as system apps in the background...
Chris S wrote:

Any chance you still have this? Can't seem to download it anywhere.
Badge +4
Best I could do with the Galaxy Ace was run Cyanogenmod Cooper 7.2.0. stable, running 2.3.4. In terms of stability, there's nothing much higher than that unless one were to choose a nightly version of 10.1/4.2.2. Nightly versions were inherently unstable. Non-functional Bluetooth and sporadic Wi-Fi connectivity issues were just a few of the many problems encountered with this build. The Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 is the closest relative to the Ace 2x. The KyleSSOpen ROM for the Galaxy Ace II x (initially intended for the Samsung Galaxy Duos S7562) is based on ICS 4.0.4. and combines elements of CM9. It's not a stable release from CM and more a stripped down version of the ICS OS in an attempt to streamline the OS and recoup precious resources. Rooting the Ace 2x and running an app called No Bloatware will give similar results.