Koodo Community

Community

Solved

4.1.2. confusion

Hey all, updated s2x to android 4.1.2. and apparently all the super epic features like smart stay and pop up play aren't there....help?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you know where to find these features? If not pop up play should be there when your watching a video on the stock video player, it should be an icon that looks like a square, tap it. Smart stay you should be able to find it under settings - Display - features and then click the check box to enable.
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Do you know where to find these features? If not pop up play should be there when your watching a...

The Smart Stay option doesn't appear in the Display features menu.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you know where to find these features? If not pop up play should be there when your watching a...

It does on the S3 which is the closest device I have right now to the S2x, if it's not there then it's in the quick toggle section in your notification bar like on the Note 2 and Galaxy S4. Those are the only devices I have for comparison and I don't see them implementing another way to access it.
Badge +4

Nope, not there either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then it must not have that feature I'm guessing. Do you have the S2x rikkster?
Badge +4

Odd, I just watched a vid where the T-Mobile variant has Smart Stay. Not the end of the world, but interesting that the U.S. variant gets the feature and we don't. Yes, I have the S2x.
Userlevel 5
While I'm not 100% sure of this, I gotta assume Samsung held some of the more impressive features for the S III/S IV
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

While I'm not 100% sure of this, I gotta assume Samsung held some of the more impressive features...

That's what I'm thinking, man I wish I had every phone in Koodo lineup to know exactly what features got implemented in updates. I read reports that the Galaxy S2 supposedly was getting it but the Galaxy S2x not sure. I hate models like the Galaxy S2x that are slightly different and get slightly Different features, it's very confusing and I wish company's would stick to making a few devices every year for the entire world with no variants. Too many ppl have a say it how devices are made.
Thanks everyone, I did find pop up play, to bad it doesnt work on youtube 😞 as to regards to smart stay I don't think its on the phone. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always grab an app from the playstore for smart stay like this one. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.numericme.face.on