Koodo Community

Community

Solved

31 month Tab on Pixel XL?

I was shopping around the site and put the pixel xl in my cart and I was shocked to see it for $60. I swapped to the regular and it was $0 with a large tab. I screen shot them and sent them to my partner as we both want this phone. Then I swapped back and the price was $210. After comparing things I noticed the first time it offered me a 31 month tab. Is there any way to select this again, I can only find reference to a 24 month tab?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
It could be a regional offer, can you check the province to make sure it is correct and try again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A 31 month Tab MUST be an error, as the CRTC has prohibited contracts, including phone repayment, of longer than 24 months.

Userlevel 6
David wrote:

A 31 month Tab MUST be an error, as the CRTC has prohibited contracts, including phone repayment,...

That's right, I just checked the screenshot and it does says 31 months, that is no longer allowed under CRTC
David wrote:

A 31 month Tab MUST be an error, as the CRTC has prohibited contracts, including phone repayment,...

Got 27 a few minutes ago. I guess refresh until you get the price you want. Hahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe this is a bug and after the 24th month it will be reseted to 0.
Robert wrote:

So definitely try to sign up for a long her term then? Hahaha
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

More than likely, when your order is being processed with a tab greater than 24 months, an employee will contact you to let you know it was a glitch and they'll let you know of the correct price on the tab.
Robert wrote:

Fair enough. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hey Justin - as some of the folks guessed above, this looks to be a system error, and we're looking into it. The tab term is indeed only 24 months.

We'll try to replicate your experience to see what's causing the issue.. but I'm unable to pull up an account matching your email address. If you don't mind, can you change the email address associated with this profile to match your Koodo account? That'll help us figure out why it  might have showed up this way for you. 
Robert wrote:

I'll change the address now.