Koodo Community

Community

Solved

2GB Bonus Data

I want the bonus 2GB data with my new plan, but it is not asking me to select this add-on before I enter my credit card info?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you upgrading to a new phone? Which plan are you trying to choose?
New phone, $55 plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kevin Hayne wrote:

New phone, $55 plan

You can add the add-on manually if you dont get prompted to during the checkout process (although right after choosing a plan you should be prompted to add add ons). After adding the plan, go to the Koodo add on page (https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons). Click on Data Services and add the 2GB data add on. This will add it to your cart.
Kevin Hayne wrote:

New phone, $55 plan

I cant add the add on for some reason.. I got the plan and i tried adding the addon and it wont work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kevin Hayne wrote:

New phone, $55 plan

Are you upgrading your phone?
Userlevel 6
It should ask you to select the add-on during the transaction, you must add it with the transaction as it will not show up later on. 
It doesn't ask us during the transaction, the checkout, or anywhere. It's advertised in the site, but does not give me (a new customer) a choice to pick it during the entire checkout process. And I tried the checkout process 3 times!! Bring your own phone plan, $55/month, 1gb data + "2 go free". Also, the region selector in upper right hand corner of page doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shawn wrote:

It doesn't ask us during the transaction, the checkout, or anywhere. It's advertised in the site,...

Right after you choose a plan the next step should be add add-ons like shown below:

Shawn wrote:

It doesn't ask us during the transaction, the checkout, or anywhere. It's advertised in the site,...

This definitely did NOT happen for me.  And I work in IT so I know my way around web sites & stuff.  It only showed the "total due now" and "total due monthly" amounts, but no button for add-ons.  And I definitely indicated I was a "new customer" during the beginning of the process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shawn wrote:

To my recollection, the 2 GB bonus is offered to customers purchasing a phone. The term “renewing, or upgrading” is poorly worded, but historically, a plan change is not considered an upgrade., or a renewal.
Shawn wrote:

The offer clearly is worded also for those bringing their own phone, on a minimum $55 monthly plan for the free 2GB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shawn wrote:

Hey Shawn - I replied to your other post here. I've flagged this with our team and we'll manually add this as your order is processed.
Shawn wrote:

Thank you for your help.  Much appreciated !