Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$29 plan Daytime Minute question!!! help?!

Hi there, we just got 3 phone with you guys on the $29 plan. From what I thought at the kiosk each of the 3 phones has its own individual pool of 200 min. but checking online it says each phone has 67min (so it looks like it divided the 200min up between the 3 phones????? this cannot be right, especially if we are paying $29 per phone?!!!!! Anyone have a answer to this????

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Yup each phone has its own but your first month is prorated until the first bill cycle which will typically happen shortly after you start. UT seems for you it'll be about 11 days. After which each phone will have its full minutes.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Yup each phone has its own but your first month is prorated until the first bill cycle which will...

UT = it
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Yup each phone has its own but your first month is prorated until the first bill cycle which will...

That is one amazing (and unfortunately confusing) coincidence that Chris just happened to sign up to a 200 min plan for 3 phone lines simultaneously at a point in the billing cycle where they coincide at the 1/3rd mark. Anything else and this confusion would not have happened. Someone needs to go buy a lottery ticket.
Chad Burr wrote:

LOL thanks guys!!! I understand now, thanks so much!!!
Userlevel 7
Ah, first bill woes. It's proration. They take the days between when your service was activated until your bill cycle date and then tack it onto the first month. So you'll have an adjusted amount for the first few days but once the cycle hits it will show the proper amount. 200/30 = 6.66 minutes or rounded up = 6.7 per day. You said you have 67 minutes. 67/6.7 = 10 days of proration. Same calculation is used for the price: $29/30 = $1 per day, rounded up. $1 x 10 days equals $10 of proration that you'll see on your bill but will fix itself once your cycle generates. Let us know if you need more help!
WOW man you know ur Billing, thanks again!!!!!!! PS wife daughter and I love our Moto G's, and Koodo so far!!
Userlevel 7
Chris Thomson wrote:

WOW man you know ur Billing, thanks again!!!!!!! PS wife daughter and I love our Moto G's, and...

Great! It really is an excellent phone for the price.