Koodo Community

Community

Solved

15% Tab Contribution

Hi I am currently on the old Canada-Wide data double $45 plan. I have heard that in order to take advantage of the 15% tab contribution I have to upgrade my phone, I assume this means that I do NOT have to pick one of the new plans however I am slightly confused. Am I able to take advantage of the 15% discount while on my current $45 plan as long as I purchase a new phone through Koodo (also does the 15% contribution continue after the tab is paid off or does it revert back to 10%)? :s

19 replies

Userlevel 5
From how I've understood it, in order to keep your plan you will only get the 10% tab contribution, and are not able to get a medium or large tab.
Jorden wrote:

From how I've understood it, in order to keep your plan you will only get the 10% tab contributio...

Thats what I was afraid of 😞 Hopefully you understood wrong 😉 ahaha. It sure would be nice to get the 15% contribution seeing as the prices of the phones themselves also increased! But alas at least the $45 plan fits my needs!
I second the above. Also retaining the Canada Wide Double Data $45 Up to 450 Min 1GB Data Ulmtd Can Wide after 5pm Ulmtd text voicemail, called id etc etc Actually the one key that sold me on the $45 double data was the inclusion of unlimited incoming...which is key for me as a replacement of a home phone (I text more than I phone) And judging by the new plans...just incoming alone has been scrapped..and to reach the ceiling for unlimited calls regardless would be the following choices $50/m Canada Wide Talk Text (No Data or Pay Per Use) $60/m Small or Med Tab $65/m Large Tab What a rough initial roll out Here's to better plans ahead...back to school promo's...then I suppose Christmas?..yeesh
Userlevel 1
Shaun Einboden wrote:

I second the above. Also retaining the Canada Wide Double Data $45 Up to 450 Min 1GB Data ...

Customers with any old plan that had old 10% contribution Tab won't get 15% contribution, unless if they upgrade to newer phone.
Shaun Einboden wrote:

I second the above. Also retaining the Canada Wide Double Data $45 Up to 450 Min 1GB Data ...

Apparently you must ALSO change to one of the new plans to get the 15% contribution :s
Userlevel 6
Hi Josh, you can take advantage of the 15% on the Tab if you upgrade your phone, without changing your plan. If you choose the Tab M, you can keep a grand-fathered plan if it costs more than $30 a month (remember that a $5 monthly charge would apply). Thanks! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Hi Josh, you can take advantage of the 15% on the Tab if you upgrade your phone, without changing...

Thank you for the confirmation Yannick
Userlevel 6
Yannick wrote:

Hi Josh, you can take advantage of the 15% on the Tab if you upgrade your phone, without changing...

You're welcome Dennis 🙂
Yannick wrote:

I think this new tab concept is still poorly understood by the employees actually selling your products in store. I was told at Futureshop today that in order to upgrade to the Iphone 4 that I would have to change from my existing $45 Canada-wide Double Data to one of the new plans (costing $15 extra to get the similar package) + add $5 to pay down the tab if I wanted to take advantage of the $300 Tab M. Thanks for this clarification.
Userlevel 1
I just upgraded my phone two weeks ago before this deal was offered. Any chance on getting the 15% deal on my existing plan, seeing as I've been a loyal Koodo customer for 4 years?
Userlevel 6
MikeO wrote:

I just upgraded my phone two weeks ago before this deal was offered. Any chance on getting the 15...

Hi Mike, this is unfortunately not retroactive. If you have bought your phone less than 14 days ago, you can go back to point of purchase and get the 15%, but you might have to pay the difference if your handset is more expensive now (or return it for a new one). Thank you!
Userlevel 1
MikeO wrote:

I just upgraded my phone two weeks ago before this deal was offered. Any chance on getting the 15...

Ok, thanks. It's been 16 days and it's sad to hear that a small exception can't be made. With a $40/mo. plan at 10% tab, it takes about 3 years to pay it off. This is longer than most phone batteries last, so there always ends up being a balance that must be paid. Given this and the unattractive new plans offered, I think it's better if I pay off the balance on this new phone immediately and sign up with a new carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MikeO wrote:

And this is exactly what worries me about these new plans, phone pricing, and tab. It wold be foolish if Koodo wasnt expecting incidents like these to happen
Userlevel 1
MikeO wrote:

Agreed. These recent promotions (like the $50.gift certificate for new plans) certainly attract new customers, but they can make existing customers feel under-appreciated and even ripped-off. Why not have the 15% tab rolled out to all existing customers? Why should someone who bought a new phone 3 days after I did be able to pay off their tab 50% faster than I can? There's a sense of unfairness here, and I imagine I won't be the only long-time customer unhappy about this. 15% for all!!!
Userlevel 2
http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/15_for_all_no_bias_keep_loyal_clients_happy
What date did the 15% rule come into effect ? I just purchased my 5S and have 15%, but my GF bought a few months ago and has 10% - Is there any way to now get her on the 15% TabS ? Thanks
Userlevel 7
brian bon wrote:

What date did the 15% rule come into effect ? I just purchased my 5S and have 15%, but my GF b...

It took place a few months back. All you need to do to get in with the 15% is upgrade her phone using the positive portion of her tab.
brian bon wrote:

What date did the 15% rule come into effect ? I just purchased my 5S and have 15%, but my GF b...

She did get an upgrade to a 5 but the % stayed at 10 - this was like May June.... Will they up it too 15% if we ask being only a bit before ?
Userlevel 7
brian bon wrote:

I belive it happened in Late July, What you could do is upgrade her again and sell the new phone. There are also some new tab options that are attractive. specifically, The new TAB M offers the best value. you could pick up a great new Nexus 4 or Galaxy S2x and then use Kijiji and sell it or give it as a.gift to someone.